Author Topic: Patio Flagstones  (Read 2967 times)

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
Patio Flagstones
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »
Hi all. I'm brand new to Sims 4.  I'm a Sims 3 player (actually been playing since Sims 1) and I'm having a problem in build mode for Sims 4. I placed a pool. That worked just fine. However now I'm trying to place patio stones and it keeps erasing the stones next to the ones I just placed! It keeps showing a green square or rectangle and everything inside that shape except the one square that I'm placing just disappears.

Also (just started today) I can rotate and zoom, but I can't figure out how to tilt the view like I could in Sims 3. Any help/advice would be welcome. I'm sure I'll have more questions.  :)

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Patio Flagstones
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
I've seen the floor tiles glitch in one or two let's plays, but never had it myself. Things I've seen people suggest:
1) placing walls around the edge of the pool to make it a room, then placing the tiles, then deleting the walls
2) using terrain paint instead, or finding a terrain paint and floor tile that match and using a mix
3) removing the pool entirely and trying again

Sorry I can't be more helpful, it's the most bizzare looking bug I've ever seen but I've never dealt with it myself

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:05:29 AM »
Here's what a few people have told me that they've tried, and I just saw that the 50X50 lot Oakenstead, a house in Willow Creek does that with tiles.  Oakenstead is the lot at which most people have posted was a problem.  The tiles just disappeared for me, too, when I just tried it at that lot.

Here are a two screenshots with captions about how I fixed the problem.

Here are some of the tiles on that lot disappearing --- after I bulldozed the lot.

Then, I made a pool without walls or pool trim, etc. that covered the entire 50X50 lot.

Finally, I deleted the pool, and none of the tiles disappeared when I placed the tiles I wanted to cover the lot.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:15:51 AM »
@coolsim9999999
I've never experienced the tile issue at Oakenstead. But now, if I ever do, I know how to fix it!
Thanks so much for sharing your useful tip!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
I hope my tip helps more people., as well @oshizu 8)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 04:04:05 PM »
Oakenstead isn't perfectly flat, and when you place some tiles it's flattening the terrain. I've had that recently too. And it was a pain because I have a fairly pretty house I didn't want to delete.

Place tiles from the edge of a pool or fountain moving outwards. It's necessary to keep everything on the pool level. The lot isn't flat. That's the bug if we can call it one.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything