Author Topic: Newbie here :) Hi!  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Charlee12

• Nooboo
Newbie here :) Hi!
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:28:33 PM »
just jumping on.. I'm a newbie to the sim world.. am loving it so far... Wish they had an "online" version where people could play sims together, with the stuff ya'll seem to come up with, it'd be hilarious...

couple ?'s...

has anyone ever actually had their couple live out their entire lives? lol I keep getting bored and making new ones... lol

also.. does anyone else have problems with the nannies just standing by the child's beds and spraying them for monsters and talking to no one in particular and never taking care of any of the kids? I wish there was a scheduled nanny function or a "live in au pair" or something that only took care of the kids needs, when you have 5 or 6 in the house it gets hard to keep up with them all hahahaha

thanks for the chat folks!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Newbie here :) Hi!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:17:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum and to sims. Glad you joined us.

As for having sims live out their entire lives yes I have. I love occult life states and have made ghosts out of every unique death in game including old age and exhausting elders as each unique kind of death produces a unique kind of ghost. But then I added them back into the family as ghosts. I have a save with literally ghosts made every kind of death. but as a rule I tend to maintain my sims youth through making them a vampire, ghost or though the wishing well. All old age deaths was planned for the ghost. I rarely let my sims age up past young adult. And yes sometimes I get bored quickly too.

I don't really use nannies. I tend to space out any kids to make them more manageable if I even let them have any. Some sims never get to have any.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
Hi,

Quote from: Charlee12
has anyone ever actually had their couple live out their entire lives?
Yes. I think most people have.

also.. does anyone else have problems with the nannies just standing by the child's beds and spraying them for monsters and talking to no one in particular and never taking care of any of the kids?
Yes, we all do.

I wish there was a scheduled nanny function or a "live in au pair" or something that only took care of the kids needs, when you have 5 or 6 in the house it gets hard to keep up with them all.
It does. Your best bet is probably to hire a butler as well as a nanny. Lock the doors to the kids rooms to employees.

:)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »
@Charlee12

I use nannies whenever my sims' kids need more attention than the parents can offer and depending on which multi-generation challenge I'm playing.
At the nooboo stage, your household cannot control what the nanny does or doesn't do.
But a nanny can be very useful for older children, as long as the toddler/child/teen is proactive about what the nanny should be doing.
A toddler can ask to be taught or for help with needs, a child can request encouragement/mentoring, and a teen can also receive limited mentoring.
Left to their own devices, though, a nanny will not do much and they often arrive in a flirty mood (which is annoying, lol).

Happy simming!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 09:20:25 AM »
I had one family that I was in love with, so I kept playing it, so sim after sim died off from old age and of course kids and grandkids took over the tradition. Before I lost that file, I was up to 18 generations, maybe more and had placed the headstones in a corner of the park.  I guess if you have a plan, it seems to make it more interesting.  They were in the same house, with the least amount of sims being 6, until the eldest passed and then I would have one sibling bring in a spouse and the cycle continued.  I have had pretty good luck with the nannies and the butlers so far, they really do help with the kids and for the most part has been pretty rewarding.  Good luck.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?