Author Topic: Martial Arts Tourney  (Read 11641 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Martial Arts Tourney
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 03:33:20 AM »
Occasionally the sim after the one you have already fought will be on the lot already, in which case, it is a matter of finding the next sim by clicking on sims on the lot until you get the option of challenge <Name of Sim> to a fight to the death (or something similar). I have had that happen to me a number of times with the martial arts tournament (more often than the chess tournament, but still occasionally with the chess tournament (when I am at France/China/Egypt trying to complete the chess tournament.

The rank doesn't increase with each sim fought in the tourney, sometimes it can take two or three fights before your rank increases (just like the chess tournament). The Sims Wiki page on the martial arts skill says that your sim MAY rise in rank after a ranked bout. See: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Martial_Arts

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »
Thanks Dek, I wasn't looking at the rank but at the score of losses/wins. The msg about "fight to the death or shame" only came up once and that was when the opponent was assigned as a paparazzi. I'll try clicking on each sim and see what happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 08:34:33 PM »
Well, I finally got it! I clicked on the contender and it came up "challenge spar contender" or something like that. I now have 5 wins in my score. I guess I'm just a slow learner.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 12:34:58 AM »
Do any of you know how long I need to wait for a different opponent if the current one does not work? I called the next opponent and she is pregnant of all things and can't spar. No idea why a pregnant sim is not disabled.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2018, 01:44:08 AM »
I think the best way might be to return home, wait for the time that the game doesn't permit you to return to a holiday world and come again, from memory that resets the next opponent. Of course, there may be a mod that does that or similar to that on a quicker scale, but I don't use mods, so I'm not sure. Alternatively, you could try to have the pregnant lady join your family, if you have the space for her and the nooboo, of course.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »
Thanks Dek! I don't have the space at all. At least not now. I'm waiting for the oldest member of the family to kick the bucket. He just keeps hanging on and hanging on though, lol I'll just take him home and then wait.