Author Topic: How long are sims with the long-lived trait supposed to live?  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Wistala

• Llama Wrangler
My elder sim got the your sims life is coming to an end soon, get your affairs in order message and her age bar has been sparkling. Thing is that was more than 3 in game weeks ago. She does have the long-lived trait from completing the athletic aspiration but this seems extreme. Is this a bug? I'm actually quite fond of her and would rather let her die naturally but if she's never going to die, I'll help her along. Lifespan is on Normal.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How long are sims with the long-lived trait supposed to live?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »
It seems that others with this issue, from what I've been able to find have had to help the Sim along.

I can't tell if this is a bug or not, although it looks like some have questioned that.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wistala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 09:21:34 PM »
I'm leaning towards it being a bug. I just tried to kill her twice with no luck and ended up having to use a cheat. First I tried exercise + woohoo, no luck. Then I fed her to cowplant and she still didn't die.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:07:53 PM »
Sims with high level fitness have better endurance so may not die from overexertion very easily. That isn't a bug--it's by design. I once had to woohoo a townie elder 5 or 6 times before he finally died. :)

Also, did you feed the Sim to the cowplant only once? They don't die the first time. They will only die if they take the cake a second time while they still have the "drained" moodlet.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 02:50:57 PM »
@reggikko
Wow, you had to woohoo an elder 5-6 times? I hope you didn't hurt your back! (sorry, I couldn't resist.... *devil horns)

@Wistala
To be serious for a sec, one of my sims with the long-lived trait lived 20 sim-days past his second notice from Grim before dying from old age.
But your sim has lived longer than that now. Run her Energy into the red zone then put her in a pool, fence her in, and let her drown....  Poor gal. :(

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »
@reggikko
Wow, you had to woohoo an elder 5-6 times? I hope you didn't hurt your back! (sorry, I couldn't resist.... *devil horns)

Ha! MY SIM had to woohoo an elder Sim! :D