Author Topic: Legacy Leader (update, Feb 24) Graveyard  (Read 4674 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Legacy Leader (update, Feb 24) Graveyard
« on: January 28, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »
LEGACY LEADER

Introduction

I'm going for the Legacy Leader Achievement again, but this time on normal life span. I still love my Betancourts and Mullners, but it's taken me 6 months to get to the point where I'm ready to launch Generation 2, and that's just too long. Also, the Achievement computer doesn't seem to realize what I'm trying to do, and isn't giving me credit for any progress.

I'm starting with 10 new Sims, each on as large a lot as possible, 50 x 40 or larger. There are 10 exactly if you have all the expansions. There are 3 in Del Sol Valley that pose a problem, however -- they cost 30,000 Simoleons or more. One of my Sims had to use the money cheat to buy a lot, but the other 2 managed by marrying. Each legacy household will stay on their lot. The spares can move out as needed. Only 1 spare from each household can marry into another legacy household.

My guidelines are: No cheats (except that one), no mods, no custom content. No helpers; only spouses move in. No life extensions, except pregnancy and the Body Builder aspiration. No vampires as founders or heirs. The heir will be the firstborn, even if he or she is an alien. No changing aspirations until the current aspiration is completed.
The founders all received the traits that would be most helpful, but their heirs will have traits assigned depending on when they aged up.

I'm controlling only one Sim in each household, except on "Total Control" days, which occur whenever a household accumulates 10 points. Unlike the Townie Dynasty, I'm counting points that are won on Total Control Days, but I've also increased the number of points needed to switch to the new heir to 100.

1 point for each level gained in a unique designated skill (cooking, handiness, and parenting not allowed) by the controlled Sim. Your Sim must max this skill before counting points from another skill.
1 point for each job or school promotion earned by any household member.
1 point for each 1000 satisfaction points gained by the controlled Sim. Note # of satisfaction points immediately upon moving in.
1 point for each good friend made by the controlled Sim. You can count a friend only once.
1 point for each enemy made by the controlled Sim. You can count an enemy only once.
1 point for each pet trick learned.
1 point for each different gold party (a date can count) thrown by the controlled Sim.
2 points for every $30,000 added to the initial household fund. Note household income immediately upon moving in.
1 point for every wish made by the controlled Sim at the Wishing Well.
2 points for every skill or job maxed or aspiration completed by any Sim in the household. Child aspirations and skills can count.
1 point for every 2+ hours the controlled Sim spends at a different community lot or festival.
2 points for every completed collection. All household members can contribute to the collection.
Negative
-1 point for every bladder failure.
-1 point for every pass out.
-1 point for every demotion or job firing.
-1 point for every NPC hire. (Each day that a maid works is counted as a separate NPC hire.)
-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.
-2 points for every club perk.
-2 points for every fire.
-2 points for every fight between household members.
-5 points for every child or pet taken by the Social Worker (automatic fail if the child is the heir).
-5 points for every death from anything other than old age.
There's no story at the moment, just stats.

Statistics -- Generation 1
Starter Houses
Toddlers
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacy Leader
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
Statistics -- Generation 1

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Larissa Stephenson
Larissa's aspiration is to be a Master Actress, and she is employed as an actress. Larissa is a self-absorbed dance machine and music lover. She met her boyfriend Joaquin le Chien at the Discotheque Pan Europa. They live on the Vacuous Green lot in Del Sol Valley. Her story began on the 1st of Spring in the Year of the Penguin.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Titus Prater
Titus Prater aspires to be a Jungle Explorer. He loves the outdoors and is active and a vegetarian. He met Renata Zambrano while exploring Selvadorada and persuaded her to become his girlfriend even though she's unflirty. Thanks to his successful tomb-raiding, he was able to buy the largest lot in Del Sol Valley. His journey began on the 4th of Spring in the Year of the Penguin.

Jena Yamamoto
Jena Yamamoto is a genius, a geek, and neat. She wants to become a Computer Whiz and works as a Tech Guru. Her boyfriend and father of her baby boy is Brian Spears, an alien who was the gym trainer at Burners and Builders. She lives at the Affluista Mansion lot, and her journey started on the 8th of Spring.

Zackary Fernandez
With an aspiration to be The Curator, Zackary loves cats and the outdoors and is a bookworm. He met his wife, Yumiko Shimizu, when she was a librarian at the Willow Creek Archives, and they have two baby boys. Zackary works as a scientist, and they live in Del Sol Valley. His story began on the 10th of Spring in the Year of the Penguin.

Savanna Van Horn
Savanna works as a stylist, but she aspires to be a Painter Extraordinaire. She is creative. family-oriented, and a perfectionist. She and her boyfriend Gunther Munch live on the island in Windenburg. Her journey started on the 14th of Spring in the Year of the Penguin.

Gunner Gossett
A creative and materialistic bookworm, Gunner aspires to be a best-selling author. He and his wife Zoe Patel live in Willow Creek, but they met at the South Square Cafe in Windenburg, where Zoe was working as a barista. They have a baby girl. Gunner's story began on the 17th of Spring.

Athena Lanier
Wanting to become a friend of the world, Athena has gone into politics. Cheerful, outgoing, and ambitious, she is married to Paolo Rocca, and has a cat, Minnie, and twin boys. They live in Newcrest, and Athena's story began on the 21st of Spring in the Year of the Penguin.

Glen Wharton
Glen has two ambitions -- to become an Angling Ace and the Chief of Police. He loves the outdoors, is a geek, and is family-oriented. He met Ulrike Faust when she was part of the Welcome Wagon in Windenburg, and he loves fruitcake. They're married and have a baby girl. Glen's journey started on the 28th of Spring.

Liliana Hassan
Neat, family-oriented, and a music lover, Liliana wants to be a musical genius and has joined the entertainer career. She and Gavin Richards bought the last large lot in Del Sol Valley, and have a baby girl. Her story began on the 24th of Spring.

Marlon Ochoa
Although he makes money as a gardener and freelance botanist, Marlon's dream is to open up a vet clinic. He's a family-oriented dog lover, who loves the outdoors. Attracted to redheads (his dog Pele, a Chow Chow, is named for the goddess of volcanoes) Marlon knew that Nina Caliente was the woman for him the first time he met her in Desert Bloom Park. The two of them are married and have a baby girl in Brindleton Bay. Marlon's story began on Freedom Day, the 4th of Summer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
You utter maniac. I'm looking forward to this!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »
You utter maniac. I'm looking forward to this!

Some of us never learn, lol.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »
I still can't figure out how you can do all these rotational things.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:57:25 AM »
I still can't figure out how you can do all these rotational things.

I use a notebook to keep track of everyone. As for time, if it's a choice between Sims and housework...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 11:47:51 AM »
Starter Houses
Since the lots were so expensive (8500 to 35,000 simoleons), the starter houses had to be fairly minimal -- a cooler instead of a kitchen, bedroom and living room combined, etc.

Larissa Stephenson wanted a nice bathroom. She knew she'd be spending a lot of time in front of the mirror reading lines. She chose the lot traits Great Acoustics, Sunny Aspect, and Haunted for Vacuous Green in Del Sol Valley. Her heir Mark will get to choose new traits when he takes over.

Thanks to some lucky finds in Selvadorada, Titus Prater has the best house of the bunch in the most expensive location -- Chateau Peak in Del Sol Valley. His lot traits are Natural Light, Homey, and Creepy Crawlies (who knew that spiders would lay eggs in your hat?).

Jena's first priority has been getting a computer. But because her husband Brian was living on his own, she was able to add a bedroom and kitchen. They live on the Affluista Mansion lot in Oasis Springs, which offers Peace and Quiet, Good Schools, and Gremlins.

Zackary Fernandez discovered that his lot in Del Sol Valley (Mountain View, formerly Bailey-Moon Manor) automatically came with high ceilings. Once he set down a bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen, there wasn't any money left to furnish the living room. His lot has the Science Lair, On Ley Lines, and Gremlins traits.

Savanna VanHorn hopes that her house on the Von Windenburg Estate lot will eventually become a showpiece of elegance. She's going for the open concept -- maybe a little too open at the moment. Her lot in Windenburg has the Natural Light, Home Studio, and Haunted traits.

Gunner Gossett also needs a computer for his work. He lives on the Oakenstead lot in Willow Creek, which has the Home Studio, Peace and Quiet, and Cursed traits.

Athena Lanier was able to get the Twin Oracle Point lot in Newcrest cheaply enough so that she could have a bedroom and kitchen. Unfortunately, it came with Gremlins. It's other traits are Convivial and On Ley Lines.

Glen Wharton picked up Dresden House in Windenburg, which is fairly close to a few fishing spots. It has Great Soil, Home Studio (for Ulrike's painting), and Gremlins.

It took all of Liliana Hassan's money (and then some) to purchase the 30,000 simoleon lot Valley View in Del Sol Valley, which used to be The Ward Den. She and Gavin are looking forward to the day when they can have a bedroom. Their lot traits are Great Acoustics, Home Studio, and Haunted.

Marlon Ochoa bought Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay. Its traits are Great Soil, Training Ground (for Pele), and Quake Zone. He hopes his next purchase can be a stove, but his wife Nina wants a computer.

I'll show off the houses again later, when everyone has been able to purchase all the necessities.
Next round: toddler pics!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacy Leader (update, Feb 7)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »
Toddlers

Every family has at least one toddler now; indeed, some of them have two. Here they are:

Mark and Joshua Stephenson are twins and the sons of Larissa and Joaquin le Chien. Mark is a bit clingy.

Anna Prater is the wild child of Titus and Renata Prater, who have decorated their house to be reminiscent of Selvadorada. Anna also has a baby brother Conrad.

Nori Yamamoto is the fussy daughter of Jena and her husband Brian. So far she shows no alien characteristics. Nori's younger sister is Mikayla.

Christopher (in front) and Matthew Fernandez are also twins. Christopher is very independent.

Carleton Vanhorn is the independent son of Savanna and her husband Gunther Munch. Carleton has a younger brother named Arthur.

Greg Gossett is also independent. His parents are Gunner Gossett and Zoe Patel.

Another twin, Michael Lanier is inquisitive. His brother is Darius, and his parents are Athena Lanier and Paolo Rocca.

Eliza Wharton is the inquisitive daughter of Glen and his wife Ulrike Faust.

Zinnia is the daughter of Liliana Hassan and her husband Gavin Richards. She loves being silly.

Another silly toddler is Rowena Ochoa, the daughter of Marlon Ochoa and Nina Caliente.

By now they have all maxed potty training and at least one other skill, usually imagination but sometimes movement.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Legacy Leader (update, Feb 24)
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
I hope the game cooperates and you're able to finish.  I like these mini updates.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacy Leader (update, Feb 24)
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 08:02:49 AM »
My motherboard died over the weekend. I think everything has been salvaged, but it's possible my game files suffered some corruption. Anyway, while I was Simless, I came up with a new idea for a story that I want to work on. So I'm sending this to the graveyard. Thanks for reading!