Author Topic: Grim spared my sim - what next?  (Read 5749 times)

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
Grim spared my sim - what next?
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:28:28 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm on my first game of sims 4 (after a few years on sims 3 and kind of thinking about sims 4 I finally found a combination of enough time to play and a special that made it affordable). My Sim died of old age but his wife successfully pleaded for his life, so when/if does the grim reaper come back? My first assumption is it would reset to end of elder lifespan and a random chance of dying each day but nothing I can find on the net confirms this one way or another.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Grim spared my sim - what next?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 12:32:12 AM »
I can't give you exact, mostly because I don't know the coding enough to check it out.  But I believe that's correct.  It's mostly a random chance that they will die of old age again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:33:31 AM »
Thanks for the answer, Shewolf, the grim reaper turned up again the next day so it seems it must be reset to random even.
Also i just realised this was posted in the wrong section mods please could you correct my mistake.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:53:44 AM »
They usually die the next day, or the next loading screen. You don't want to change outfit or travel with a sim on a borrowed time.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 04:27:29 AM »
Exactly, the sims aren't really 'spared' more like 'given enough time to say goodbye'. Sometimes it can be as little as a few sim hours, if you're super lucky you may get a day or two.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
But it is enough time to fix the issue. There is a potion you can buy with aspiration points that will reset your sims age to the start of elder, and the wishing well as well will do that. Plus there is the option of becoming a vamp assuming you have a vamp friend that can do the turning. Vamps do not die of old age. There are ways to turn the 'given enough time to say goodbye' to an honest spared or even immortality. But you must act fast a few hours to a few days isn't much time and the reaper isn't always so merciful.

By the way this isn't even going into the cheats by the way. "testingcheats" on then "cas.fulleditmode" then right clicking the elder sim, choosing edit in CAS will allow you to age them down thus avoiding the reaper.

Then you can invite the dead sim to move in as a ghost and get it back that way. And there are multiple ways to restore them at that point. So if you are not done with said sim, there are options. Just a thought.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »
If you wanted to, you could make a room for the youth potion, then save it to your gallery. Then you can restore the game & purchase the room. (If you were so inclined)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything