Author Topic: One Ten-Gen Failed Benali Dynasty -  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
One Ten-Gen Failed Benali Dynasty -
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:34:50 AM »
So, after several attempts that failed, when I realised during gen6 that this one was also failed due to Watcher's lack of attention during Gen 3, I decided I would still push through as I needed to finish something for once.

But failure also caused to throw most of the screenshots for most of the earlier generations.

The first plan was to change a lot of townies as vampires, to limit the number of polination needed, and to get a chance to "play" with a lot of them I would never have a reason to play if not for that. After gen 3 was born a vampire, I realised that I needed to cure some, and decided each gen would cure 1 more vampire than the previous one. (Not counting the founder gen)

So, were changed : Zoe Patel, J Huntington, Mitchell Kalani, Gavin Richards, Joaquin Lechien, Sergio Romeo, Wolfgang Munch, Victor and Lilly Feng, Diego Lobo, Don Lothario, Johnny Zest, Akira Kibo, Travis Scott, Liberty Lee, Summer Holiday, Cassandra Goth, Malcolm Plenozas and Hugo Villareal.

So, this is Salim, once cured of his little vampiric crisis.

And his portrait, as I couldn't do it when he still was a vampire.

Salim's museum :

Dark vampire form Selfie
Normal form selfie
Portrait worth 809$

Striped dirt frog, tiger frog, hypnofrog, spotted leave frog, eggplant whirl frog, whirlyflower frog, spotted heartfrog, surf heart frog, bulseye frog, stripped heart frog

I only have two other screen of Salim's reign :

When he choose the most romatic place to propose to Jade, right next to the toilets :

And when Marcus talked to the heir, a little girl named Alstroemeria. They were very close, if I remember right.

During Free days, Marcus and Paolo pollinated a lot. I wrote at least 10 children for Marcus from 6 different townies (he died before I had the result of the last one) and 14 for Paolo, with 7 different ones.  I also badly planned the free days, so it's not as many they could have had. Eva Cappriciosa also had a son from Raj Rasoya that I named Cerulean.

The heir was Alstroemeria, as I thougth I'll be able to name all the heirs with flowers names that'll have a meaning close to their traits. Alstroemeria is a symbol of wealth, prosperity and fortune, but also friendship, and the traits were : Perfectionist, Materialistic, and Self-Assured.

Salim points (I didn't presented it like that in my notes, so I may have forgotten some when reporting) :
1 Gold medal wedding
4 Promotions Salim
12 Promotions pour Jade, Marcus, Paolo et Eva
3 Good friend : Jade, Alstroemeria, Marcus,
5 : +1000 points d'aspiration
4 : Salim master Writting and Cooking
10 for Alstroemeria mastering 5 toddler skills
2 Marcus master Fitness
3 for Logic as unique competence
1 Gold date
2 : school promotion Alstroemeria
4 + 60 000 simflouz added
1 Gold birthday party (for Jade)
2 Cerulean master Imagination
2 Alstroemeria mastered Mental skill
2 Alstroemeria completed Whiz Kid

Negatives:
- 6 pass out

Alstroemeria became heir 2 days before her teen birthday.
She finished 3 childhood aspirations : Whiz kid, Creativity, and Social butterfly
Her post will be up soon

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: One Ten-Gen Failed Benali Dynasty -
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:58:16 AM »
Alstroemeria is one of my all time favorites, and I completed a lot of game achievements with her :

She collected San Myshuno posters (that I badly tried to fit in the image, but I have low photoshop skill). Also, she took a picture of Raj to add to the portraits, as he was Cerulean's father, so that's what the small photo at the left of Eva's portrait is. I had Jade pick "have a baby at hospital" to have the birth certificate, not sure if it was game failure or not, and it doesn't matters anymore.
The urn is Marcus, and the frog was here in case I ever tried for a complete collection in this file someday.

It was not quite the plan (well, there was no plan), but Alstroemeria married Alice Leroy, a move in from the first gen, when the game still know what "fill empty house" mean.
The house was Yuma Height, as I knew it was probably my only hope to play in there. To escape impossible bills, the first thing I did was to change wall coverings and flooring to less costing ones, and sell a lot of things
The pic is from her elder stage, but Alice was an adult red-head. I simply didn't thought about memorialising her before she turned elder. I picked Alice, the insane lazy romantic, over her younger brother as I needed him to pollinate, along with Cerulean who moved in with Alstro.

The second thing after moving in and reorganising the house was to abandon the spouse to the coctail bar, meet with Johnny Zest and drad him home to try for twins. The heir was made using a lonely single vampire, and resulted in a single little girl despite the ley line lot trait. Again, maybe having an out of house baby daddy instead of the spouse was not what was planned in the Ten gen rules, but I wanted that attempt to suit my gameplay more than being Hall of Fame worthy, and that included trying to keep as many original townies in the bloodline as possible. :

So, this is Luna Villareal, a very bad doctor, who delivered Viscaria, a future kleptomaniac, Dance Machine and Glutton. Her flower namesake is supposed to mean "Dance with me"

And just after the birth, Alstroemeria, Alice and Cerulean went to Geekcon, and it was a bit scaring to discover that our clumsy doctor had become a repairwoman overnight. Until we realised it was just cosplay. Barely reassuring, but still better than learning she had been fired for lack of competency. We can also see Max Villareal's back.

After that, I remember that Max Villareal became the father of Alice's twins (obviously, the ley line would work for the insane mother) Menthe (girl) and Genepi (boy), and as I believed we would never integrate Cassandra Goth in the bloodline, Alstroemeria had a son with Alexandre, that we named Jais.

This is Thomas Leroy, Alice's brother. And I have no idea who's that baby. Green babies are boys, so it's either Alice's son Genepi, or Alstroemeria's son Jais. Thomas wasn't very good at pollinating, he only had two loves interests, and 3 kids. But he was good with kids, a great consolation as we had a lot of them in the house, and Alice was ignoring them.

And this is Cerulean, who was way better at his pollinating role. Helped by the ley line, he had 20 children, with 8 differents women. I wonder what better free day planning may have resulted in. Not too bad for a lazy, goofball loner.

For this gen, I have only the photo Viscaria took for her museum left. Good to know, taking the whole family somewhere nice to take pics is not a good idea.

So, this is Alstroemeria Benali-Rosa and her son's Jais Benali-Goth.

This is Jais, named because spare would be named for their wardrobe colors in the first generations, and Jais is a black stone (or wood?)

And another, so you know what I mean when I say having everyone at once for the photos a bad idea. You can see Alstroemeria wondering what I'm doing in the back ground, and the plate and hand are Genepi's.

A better shot to Genepi, as his body shape suggest, he is a glutton. Among other unflatering traits if I remember right.

And this is his twin Menthe. She was Lazy, and I didn't noted anything else.

So, because she's supposed to be the heart of the story, this is the heir, Viscaria. She looked a lot like her mother, and I really liked Alstro so I had her hand over the reins a bit late, by intentionnaly loosing points.
Also, Viscaria was one of those "special teething needs baby", and had to wait until teenhood to be cured from her vampirism. But as unconrolled teen, she learned programming by herself.

Also, one of Paolo's son with Ulrike Faust was a very faithfull friend. As part of the garden gnome club, he was always the first to tend the garden, he called Alstroemeria every other night, and he became Viscaria's adult friend for her aspiration. After Alice's death, I thought about making him Alstro spouse, even if he couldn't move in. They had something going on, and he came over a lot.

On other things I noted but lost the screenshots, Alstroemeria mastered handiness and opened the forgotten grotto. Also, during one of the free days, Jais learned Pipe Organ from Vald, because it seemed like the sane thing to do at the time...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 07:46:35 AM »
So, I'll start with Viscaria's museum. Her collection was fossiles, the urns were added much later, and are Alstroemeria's, Alice's, Thomas's, Genepi's and Menthe's. Not sure what hapenned to Cerulean's. :

She also was the one with who the vampire curing became a family tradition, so she healed two of them : her father, and her future husband, chosen because he was the one most likely to help her fullfill her aspiration of Mansion Baron.
Hugo was an unforgettable humorist. With not a single point in comedy, instrument or even charisma.

They still made a beautifull couple :

Once again, despite a honeymoon on the ley line Yuma Height, the result was a single birth. Baby Ivy had interesting hair color as toddler at least :

And she had a devoted father. :

Due to the Dance Machine trait, they went clubbing a lot :

It helped to meet with member from previous houses, some less solid than others. On the far right of the pic, you can see Alstroemeria and Lucas Faust. That boy disappointed me, as once Viscaria became the active sim, it was her he was calling all the time.

Also, they visited places. I think it was a geek con, I hoped they would learn logic, or video games, but they went to the bar... So, those are Viscaria's men :
Gengi Hasegawa, a homeless townie Viscaria invited to move in as pollinator, Hugo, who refused to learn mixology by himself even locked in the basement with only a bar, and Jaïs, who was an art lover, childish and materialistic sim often stuck to the dollhouse. Ivy is in the background, and the sim not here is Myra Gupta, another move in.

Gengi was truly a perfect find, autonomously doing a lot of things :

Jais, on the other hand, needed to be babied a lot, probably due to his childish trait :

Gengi, Jais and Myra were in the scientist carreer, and spontaneously used the telescope I added outside and Hugo switched to the culinary career that suited him much better.

Ivy spent a free day learning Pipe Organ from Vlad, and had her birthday in the straud house, with a cake suiting the house :

And she had a little sister, Fushia :

Myra had a daughter too, Violette, that you'll probably meet in next update, I've only treated the three third gen screen for now. Having two babies with only one teenager controllable in the house was crazy. Also, I didn't even thought about hiring a nanny, so... thanks Gengi to always be an helpfull member, and autonomously taking care of babies/toddlers.

Also, it's during this gen that I failed without realising it, as Viscaria "unique" skill was Logic. Yes, the same as Salim. Such an easy mistake to not do. But I didn't realised it until gen 5 or 6, when checking what was available....

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »
Moving on Ivy's Generation :

She was a vegetarian Dance machine and outgoing. I don't remember the meaning for her name. I think it's the "Wedded Love; Fidelity; Friendship; Affection" one to go with her outgoing trait.

She picked Spatial Prints as her collection. Also, I tried to organise the walls. On the main one, We have Ivy, her parents Viscaria and Hugo, and her little sister Fuchia. On the others, it's the "helpers" walls, on for the pollinators with Gengi and Jais (yes, pollinating with the half brother may not be the smartest, but I aimed to keep originals townies bloodlines alive, not necessarily have spouses) and the last for Myra and her daughter Violette who's father was Elisa Pancake's son.

Ivy cured Axelle and Amandine Lee, the vampires daughters of Paolo and Liberty who were her adults friends for Social butterfly, and a sophisticated blonde one from the big cityshe kept meeting at the museum. After growing on an island and looking at faraway stars, living in the city was so tempting.... And Diego was pretty irresistible too :

He refused twice during this date and nearly killed her from the embarassement, but after so much time, Ivy was pretty much set on him, and she finally got him to agree

And from then, they were very much in love, hoping to see their family grow.

And it did, even if the ley line failed again, and her politic career didn't suffered much, as she had so many people spontaneously checking in her, and nearly fighting to take care of her tiny bundle of joy : Hydrangea

Sharing her mother's dance machine trait, she often went to meet her whole family at parties. The pirate ghost is Cerulean, I think everyine rocognise Marcus, and the other ghost is Thomas Leroy. Hugo and Viscaria are still pretty much in love, and yes, it's Loner Vlad who invited her. The scientist in the first picture is Myra. :

Ivy hadn't left her house alone. She had taken Myra's daughter with her, to help her get some skill or something. But really, Violette was mostly left ot her own devices, and it was a harsh contrast with how much care was poured into Hydrangea's care. But how to compete with such a pretty thing! Her hair spontaneously matched the flower she was named after.

Sometimes before Hydrangea's birth, Ivy invited the only polinator with half decent traits and features available : Florent Faure

He wasn't perfect, only had a few children, but he did his best to be an active part of the house, as was Diego :

Hydrangea grew up into an art lover, and it wasn't the only thing in which she was taking after her father.

Still, she was showing a lot of qualities:

But apparently not musicals ones (I went to see why Diego was mad. He autonomously made a critic of his daughter. It wasn't great.):

And once again, Violette, now a teen, was ignored in favor of helping the heir :

Still, she grew up in a pretty simsette :

And she was sent on a quest to strenghten some dying bloodline. It got a bit more results than expected : Meet Romulus and Remus Pancake Bheeda. (Funny thing, I named the first born Romulus because I expected him to have a little brother after the last free day... it happened quicker than expected...)

It's not intended to leave Violette alone, but if she could either do her work or take care of her twins... and she wasn't good at either.

Still, as two toddlers were not going to be hard enough to handle for teen Hydrangea, it seemed logical to sent Violette strenghten another bloodline, and we ended with Madison Pancake Haas.

Hydrangea was officially the heir in a house with three toddlers. Let it be said that once the baker case filled, she wasn't home much. Also, someone met during one of her mother's party kept phoning her about everything and every party in town.

This is Remus in green and Romulus in yellow, color coded since the bassinets

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 04:21:27 PM »
If all had worked out, I may have had the occasion to let you wonder about Hydrangea's name :

As it is, it's about her teen trait. The hydrangea "Heartlessness" meaning made sense as the adorable child who was washing the dishes autonomously grew up Evil. Then, she also was a foodie, but it's mostly the evilness, as I'm not sure there's a flower meaning "I like food"

So, to escape the toddler filled house, she worked on her museum. Her collection was sculptures :

The sim guru promised her a hard road to her future love. It's true that her first choice, a man with wonderfull green eyes who had been her childhood best friend was now an elder, and likely to not make it until she reached adulthood :

Still, she recieved several messages from a vampire her great grand father had turned, and she joined him for a few outings. One had been to the gym riight after the desastrous message from the love guru, but most were to parties. :

As soon she turned adult, she invited him to explore the romantic fireplace. But finally, they decided it'll be less awkward to flirt in her parents bedroom, with her whole family around. After all, her mother was merely at the top of the political career, and her father the most feared critc in town :

Nothing that would stop Hydrangea :

After healing Joaquin and his roomate, along with three random vampires met in Forgotten Hollow, they had a nocturnal wedding :

They made some work in the house, and as she was pregnant, Hydrangea enjoyed to tell the big new to their roomate. As  he couldn't sunburn to death anymore, Sergio did took his anger on the dollhouse.

Still, right after the heir's birth and her return from hospital, Hydrangea was kidnapped by aliens, Joaquin was still at work, so Sergio was the one who took care of the baby, feeding him and changing his dirty diaper. It's maybe the reason little Geranium's eyes were matching Sergio's instead of his parents.

Maybe encouraged by the way things turned, Hydrangea decided a second pregnancy should be the way to go, even if she had still not given the hospital gown back.

They choose a home birth this time, and Joaquin tried a new technique to help her through the labour pain.

And after Deirdre, who was Joaquin's daughter, Hydrangea decided it was time to save some bloodline from the new town that had appeared out of the blue when she had been a child. And so, this is how Deanna Benali-Hecking came to life.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for this dynasty. Admire you wanting to see it through though, as soon as I fail I find it hard to play the same family.
I used Salim in my previous four attempts at the challenge so am very fond of him and glad someone else has used him as a founder too.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »
@Vesper. I'm a serial failer at the ten-gen, with probably a dozen attemprs, so I decided I would push through this time. I admit the gen when I realised it was failed was the hardest.

Unless I'm wrong, it was Geranium's and severals of my choices were not working well

So, this is Geranium : He had white hair as toddler, so I used one of the few CC hair I liked for him.

He was a genius and a slob, which worked well. I took him to Selvadora to test Jungle pack, and so his collection was relics, and his aspiration Archeologist scholar. :

He then turned insane, hum, "erratic" and a lot of curious choices happened.

First one was to woo an elder. Part of the bloodline protection program, this is Maxime Ojo.  Maybe I should mention that Geranium could get pregnant? :

Maxime was the last of the Ojo line, started by Marcus Flex and Miko Ojo, and helped forward by Cerulean Cappriciosa Rasoya, and Jais Benali-Gothik.
The heir would that way be part of 11 of the original bloodlines.
The sad thing, due to excess pollinating and a vampire home, there was no way Geranium could fit with his lovechild in the Karaoke lovers' appartements. So, he aimed hight. And healed a vampire who had done something weird

For some reason, even if Salim had turned him right away when he was a teen, Malcolm had only turned as vampire when Alstroemeria had moved in Yuma Height, so he was adult.

Malcolm didn't minded much the little bump, and they had a deal when Geranium promised he could have one of his own. Obviously, they had to pick the restaurant where Maxime worked for their date/ask for wedding. (I didn't knew)

But well, Geranium moved in the Plenozas house with the eldest of his sisters, Deirdre :

Once again, the curse of the ley line gave him a single Birth, a tiny boy named Camelia Benali Ojo, who's father hadn't lived long enough to see. He then had another boy with Malcolm, named Jake. And Deirdre, an evil art lover and music lover, had a daughter with Romulus Bheeda. Or his twin. And after alien night, the one brought home made herself usefull with Lwuxana. Malcolm was never picked up, so it was a loss of time, but he had twin daughters with another alien.

Also, about the weird things done by Geranium, there was picking the cat hangout lot. NEVER DO THAT AT HOME! No really, I mean it, cat were peeing, poopping and throwing up everywhere. Also, they would eat Mojo food. This is Mojo, the cat they adopted thinking it was a female due to his coloring:

Mojo also ran away several times, and made everyone sad.
Speaking of sad, something finally happened :

It may be hard to say, but I hated Malcolm. He was randomly mean to Geranium, Camelia or Lwuxana but would teach Jake flashcards and take very good care of his son. It's the first time I see a sim making so much of a difference, between his kid and the others.
Not to mention he kept destroying the dollhouse, there was no real connection with Geranium, and he was useless in his attempts at pollination except for the alien. I'm thankfull for sdhoey's sharebears that rehabilited him a bit for me, even if I think there's going to be a long time before I ever use him again in my games.
Others mourned him for me:

On the random side, Geranium had taken pictures in Selvadora. I loved the idea of tourist gnome :

Another random, once finally not exausted to look after several toddlers/children, Geranium went to the city for his social media career, and met someone :

This is a better shot of Camelia. I wasn't sure if I would use gender customisation on him, so he always had a sort of androgyne look. Also, I tested hiring caterer, and everyone  did profit a bit too much of the food.

And those are Jake and Lwuxana. I had to use the make up on Jake to like him a bit :

And guess what is Jake's teen trait? 

The whole family seen through Camelia's painter eyes :

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »
Camelia inherited pretty green eyes that I think come from Marcus Flex. He was an art lover, a perfectionnist and a genius.
His flower namesake means among other thing "perfection"

His collection should have been fishes, but as he went to a vacation in Granite Fall, another idea much easier came to mind :

But, as you might have seen in some previous updates, the family had a stalker. And it increased with Camelia's visits to the museum for paintings. So, after healing her and her rommates, he easily seduced her in his home.

They tried to escape the strays cat by going to the barren second floor. At first, they kept some distances of security :

Then they got closer, and Geranium came to explain why it was a bad thing to marry a vampire you healed, even if it was a family tradition for the last few générations :

Camelia was used to ignore his insane parent, and he still proposed :

And Zoe accepted in hope to get away from the erratic man sooner:

They had a beautifull wedding, with lot of nectar flowing

Lwuxana moved in with them, so they used Geekcon to get some alone time away from the full house. After all, the watcher had given up on the Ley line, and needed a slot for Lwuxana's future child.

We'll then blame the doctor on the birth of the first twins of the whole dynasty. Welcome Little Coreopsis, our heir, and for the Eight slot taker, Nakusha will do.

With twin toddlers, points accumulated fast. I was used to time the first at the start of the toddler stage, and the second toward the end to get top notch toddlers, but I had to hire a lot of NPC because even random passing out wasn't enough to slow down point and keep them for the children aspirations.

We organised a party, so you can see Coreopsis just behind Gavin, and Nakusha at the table :

The update making guests help out with party goals was really helpfull and we got gold. It helped toward a free day and Coreopsis, with clothes I'm sure I didn't told him to wear, tried to make a friend :

To not max rocket science, Camelia called a club he had joined, directed by vampire Lilly, and they would build his rocket. We just needed to hide the plants. and call at night.  :

and so, random shot that I have no idea what's happening. Maybe a speech on the virtues of caprese salad.

And the necessary museum family portraits :
Zoé, J and Lwuxana. Yes, there's one glutton among thoses

Nakusha, Gavin and Mitchell :

Despite Nakusha unplanned birth, that gen was much easier than Geranium's, and the two and half next ones were great too.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 06:03:43 AM »
Coreopsis is a plant meaning "Always Cheerful", and so it suited well the 8th heir, who was always cheerful, self assured and loved the outdoors.

His museum collection was composed of Aliens, nearly a full collection but for the living space calmar.

This is the family when he moved out.

He met again a vampire who had been knocking at his home door several time since he was a child:

And he offered to turn her human, along with the members of a very tight knit friends house from her neighborough, and random vampires met in Forgotten Hollow.

After drinking, they stargazed for a while.

He offered her a dinner date as soon he was adult:

And he went home unable to leave her :

Coreopsis couldn't stay away, and the next day, he took things in hands to assure they wouldn't be separated anymore :

That quickly turned into a wedding :

He invited mosts ex-vampires he cured, and one vampire.

And an early honey moon, looking at stars again...

And it seemed that had some very wanted consequences :

Welcome Baby Oats (I was litterally grasping at straws to name him), and Hairball, the family best friend:

Camelia went to visit and meet heir number nine:

Cassandra was a very concerned mother :

And Coreopsis an attentive father (and Nakusha is in the background) :

They were a pretty great couple together :

After the first free day, Cassandra switched job from politician to scientist. Still, she usually left for work with that outfit :

Lwuxana finally had a daughter : Calpurnia Fyres, and Nakusha had a son, Childeric Lynx

Oats grew up and liked Hairball a lot. But sadly, studying the pet didn't completed the homework goal for whiz kid.

And this is what the house looked like before the birth of Lwuxana's second daughter : Thedora Scott

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 04:28:22 AM »
And I've no dea where is Oats's selfie. So this one will do. We lost the pretty green eyes with Camelia anyway. According to one unique website, Oats means "The spirit of music", which worked well with his music lover and dance machine trait. Less with the gloomy one, but the others were enough.

This is his museum. It's impossible to tell, but there is a vampire calmar, Tambaqui, salmon, Rainbowfish, treefish, tilapia, Batfish, tuna, trout and catfish. I like diversity in my collections.

It's worth noting I got the parenthood pack just before Oast grew up as teen, so it gave an additionnal interest in the game, and helped push through the end. Oats won the responsability trait, as it was the only one I was experimenting with him.
He had the second archeology aspiration, and so, he spent a great part of his teenhood in Selvadora, making bony friends.:

None of the last vampires showed up spontaneously, so he healed a lot of generated, so after a quick gender personnalisation, he picked one who had apparently never set a foot out of home since the start of the game. Wolfgang didn't seemed to know what to do about Oats, but he quickly had an idea.

The question was clearly a formality, but he said yes, obviously.

That led to a gold medal wedding :

On the first day after moving in, I had the surprise to learn that Wolfgang was a fairly productive member of society, a level 7 astronaut :

Oats then took time to help him work out :

Even if encouraging was all he could do. The towel sim in the back ground is one of our immortals vendors.

A quick visit to the hospital offered interesting fashion choice ;

Baby Saffron quickly joined the house, evening the number of female and male in this dynasty. And her mean father was a lamb with her. :

She grew up very cute :

And kept growing up :

Oats took his daughter to dance a few times, only sometimes meeting old family members :

Despite a few messes, her parents adored her :

She looked a lot like her sire, forgetting some people, like Theodora, might want to sleep :

Everyone in the house was very happy. As you can see, Calpurnia, Childeric and Theodora joined Oats, the first two being related to everyone thanks to Sergio. At least Childeric was responsible and earned promotions. Calpurnia didn't even got an A in hightschool. Theodora was able to help with the Delgato line.

The radio was where everyone always was.

Oats aspiration necessited several trips in the jungle:

And everything was done to help Saffron in her heir tasks (and get as many traits as possible):

But as fishing wasn't enough to help with the last social butterfly friend, locking the two girls in the same room did the job :

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: One Ten-Gen Failed Benali Dynasty - completed but failed
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »
And so, the last heir, Saffran. The flower means cherfullness/carefull with excesses, and it was the only idea I had for the curious mix of her traits : Outdoor lover, Evil, and Goofball. As I was playing with the parenthood pack, she also got all 5 positive traits.

The family at that point, with Theodora just having giving birth:

She went on her father's traces in Selvadora:

And she met interesting people too, just a bit fleshier than Oat's friends:

It allowed her to escape her over affectuous parents:

Because she tried to ignore them, but that didn't quite worked :

Another one who didn't liked to be ignored was Ms Feng. :

Wolfgang kept being a concerned father, helping with her homework when they had a moment between portraits requirements :

So, she went to work out with him:

And then, our concerned father missed to point out maybe towels were not appropriate clothing for museums visits (second immortal vendor walking by) :

Oats who had mastered parenthood, was able to convince her to wear something more conventionnal :

Saffran also worked on some project for school:

She took some time to wish an happy birthday to Theodora's daughter.

But most of her time was spent digging left and right :

She also got rid of any housed vampire left, including the original ones:

Her collection was crystals :

And finally, Saffron posing with all the previous heirs and the founder.

And this close what's probably my 7th attempt at the ten-gen (some were stopped as soon they started) . It's failed like all others, but with some actual planning about skills and aspiration, maybe next time I'll be able to succeed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
Congratulations on playing all the way through to the end of your Ten-Gen Townies Dynasty.
I think you're very brave to start out with (in my humble opinion) the most difficult of this forum's dynasty challenges.

I started out with the Immortal Dynasty Challenge, which I really enjoyed, even though I only finished it successfully on my ninth attempt.
The planning stage has to be one of my favorite stages, especially with the fantastically helpful spreadsheets that @LenaLJ has shared with us.

Best wishes with your next project, Tynynounours!