Author Topic: Can you keep raised items from falling when placing a lot.  (Read 4127 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Can you keep raised items from falling when placing a lot.
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
I'm back again with another question. It seems I'm having a lot of those sense I started trying to build.
This time I'm have a problem with items raise with MOO falling down when placing the lot. I've done other builds with raised items before and don't recall having a problem with them falling before. Maybe I just didn't notice it before.
I was working on making a two tier plants in front of the house and thought I would move it to a different size lot, but when I placed the house all the plants fell back down to the ground.
I did make sure I had MOO turned on before placing the lot and even tried placing it on the same lot it was built on but the raised items still fell.
Has anyone ran into this and know a solution. I like the way this looked and it's bugging me it wrecks when placing it again.
I was also wonder if it could have something to do with today's patch, even tho I doubt that's the problem.

This is a pic of the house as built.

And after placing it on a lot. The plants and lights on the posts all fell down.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can you keep raised items from falling when placing a lot.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »
I don't know of a fix but I've been running into the same problem. I spent ages (as you do) MOO-ing quite a bit of stuff in my build yesterday. Decided I wanted it on another lot only to discover that all the MOO-ed items fell down. Also having problems with MOO-ed objects falling down if I change wallpaper/paint as well. Very annoying! Especially as the wallpaper wasn't even in the same room. I don't remember that happening before either.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
I've had the problem of raised items getting deleted when changing wallpaper before if it's not on my own lot. If it's on my home lot it will put the items in family inventory. So I wait until I know I'm finished with changing wallpaper before putting in raised items.

But after thinking about it, wasn't there a problem with MOO items before and they fixed it with a patch. Maybe they broke it again?
Both of the houses I shared lately had raised items and I didn't have that problem with them. When I started them they wasn't going to be that big so I started on a smaller lot than they ended up on. The houses kept growing so I kept moving to a bigger lot and the items didn't fall.
Maybe I need to try and place those houses again and see if those items fall down now.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
I went back into the game and placed the other two houses and the items I had raised in those houses were still in place where they should have been.
So I done a little testing and found that if the items you raise are inside of a room then they will stay in place, but if they are outside and not in a room they fall to the ground when you place the house on a lot.
That gave me the solution to my problem tho. I used the wall tool to make the room where I wanted the second level of plants to be so I had a room there. I then replaced the walls with a short fence which kept it as a room so I could place the plants in a room and they now stay there when I move the house to a different lot.
I think this is the first time I've tried raising items outside, so this may have always been a problem and I just wasn't aware of it until now.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:56:21 PM »
I was having similar issues, at least with the wallpapering making items disappear or go into the inventory.  The room system, while awesome, can create a bit of difficulty I've noticed if one isn't thinking about it.  Thanks for these questions @grimsoul since it's answering a few I didn't think about posting myself!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
@Playalot @Shewolf13
Found a work around for placing raised objects outside and getting them to stay in place. Basically you drop down to the basement level which is considered a room and place the object there and move it up until it come through the ground and keep go up until it's where you want it at. Takes some experimenting and counting how many times you raise to get it right but it will stay put when you place the lot again.
Instead of trying to go into detail on explaining it here is a link to a video showing how it's done. And I can see it being used for some interesting effects.
Hope this helps out some. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 05:13:04 AM »
I would have never thought of starting at the basement level! Genius! I wonder if sims can actually walk on tables placed like that to make glass floors? Seems weird but I guess they can otherwise why would it be in the video, totally going to try this out. Thanks grimsoul for sharing.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:18 AM »
@Playalot  They don't so much walk on the item but walk through it as if it isn't there, I guess sense the item is really placed in the basement your sim acts like it isn't there if it's raised up to the ground level.

As a quick example here is a sim sitting in a table. The table was placed in the basement then raised up to the next floor so the sim just ignores it and sits on the couch with no problem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »
Lol, that's pretty funny actually. Opens up all sorts of weird possibilities!  8)

Offline LeaLey33

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 04:36:55 AM »
Hey, i just checked for tips on this problem now when my island for the #islandchallenge gets screwd when loading and placing it from gallery. I thought this was a new problem though i cant remeber i had it before when only used the 9 key to raise items up. Perhaps its only now i found out since with the island the problem gets - huge. Feels wierd such a thing isnt fixed after so long time.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
Is there a way to make the item that was raised from the basement actually playable?  --- or is it just creativity and fun to do?

anything