Author Topic: Origin isn't recognizing Sims 4 (Mac)  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Jaydey

• Nooboo
Origin isn't recognizing Sims 4 (Mac)
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:39:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

I had the Sims 4 installed on my other mac, but it was taking up a lot of space so I moved it to my hard drive.
I recently wanted to play it again and when I moved it to my Applications I realized for some reason on the hard drive it appeared as a folder. The starter icon is missing. I assume this is has something to do with why Origin won't recognize the game as being downloaded. I have no idea how to get it to work, all the files appear there but no way of starting up the game. If someone knew how to fix this you'd be amazing!

Many thanks!  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin isn't recognizing Sims 4 (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
Go into Settings in Origin, click on Advanced Settings and then change the install directory to the hard drive that Sims 4 is on. Then go back to the Library and download Sims 4. It should install and let you play.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jaydey

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
I've tried that but had no luck, also tried with it in the Applications as well and redirecting it to that and still didn't work :/

But thank you for your suggestion :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:41:47 PM »
You may have better luck with asking over at EA's AHQ - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4  Bluebellflora might be able to help better. She has more knowlege of Mac computers.

http://bluebellflora.com/
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Jaydey

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »
Cool okay, thank you!  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »
When I searched out this problem this morning, the two suggested options were to uninstall/reinstall Origin to see if that helps. Just in case it's something to do with Origin. And if not, contact EA's Customer Service.

Mac - Origin Doesn't Recognize Sims 4
http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-4&platform=mac&subject=Origin+doesnt+recognize+Sims+4&category=technical-support&issue=installation

Login with your Origin/EA Account information and finish the trouble ticket.

Also, I added Bluebellflora's website address in my previous post.

anything