Author Topic: A Little Legacy  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
A Little Legacy
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »
Welcome to the Little Legacy!
All chapter contents will go here. Maybe.
I move things around a lot.
The point of this legacy is less of to score points and more to try and have something keep my ADHD self focused for five seconds.
I am keeping a scorecard elsewhere but whatevs. Too bulky who wants to read all that boring stuff.

Prologue: Dawn of a New Day
Chapter 1: Hippocratic Oath
Chapter 2: Doctor's Tidings

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
Re: A Little Legacy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:04:53 AM »
Though Small Now, rest assured it will grow like a weed.
Super Cool Family Tree

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »
The Dawn of a New Day

A bright, beautiful day rises in Willow Creek!
The world is alive and vibrant, and clearly nothing could ever go wrong to anyone in a place like this.

But as the people of Willow Creek began to move about their daily lives, something was sorely amiss.
The beautiful Oakenstead Mansion, though barren of people but full of history, was gone.
There had been no machines, no crews, nothing.

And now in the place of the mansion, a young woman laid collapsed on the ground with nothing but her clothes and her name.
She did not recall how she got to the now empty lot. She could not remember her parents. What she did for a living... anything.
It was as if she'd simply appeared from thin air.

Now with only a handful of offerings from the locals to begin her life, the woman known and Sonya Little must begin her own legacy... she has nothing to go back to afterall.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
Ooo, welcome to Carl's ^^ This looks like fun!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »
Looking forward to reading more about Sonya Little! :D

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 01:25:47 PM »
Chapter 1
The Hippocratic Oath

So much was happening, she didn't even know where to begin!
All sorts of people were showing up and there were lots of questions.
By time the dust settled it'd been decided... the rich folks of Willow Creek hated to see a girl down on her luck, and hated seeing the empty lot even more.
So, it came to pass that she would start a Legacy of her own. Some pocket change was given to Miss.Little, and she was expected to in her life, and in her children children's lives give back to the community in every way possible. She had a mansion to rebuild, people to get to know and thank...
So much do to.
Yet hardly anywhere to live.

Not one to be put down however, Sonya was struck with a brilliant plan.
She needed a job! And to get a job, she'd need to get to know people.

"Might as well head to the bar and see what people really need."

She quickly found herself drug into a movie night hosted by the bar, which provided a great opportunity to meet all the people she desired.

Listening to their grumbling woes as they drank and fussed at the movie for being the worst insult to cinema, she noticed many of the towns people had all sorts of strange illnesses.
Purple swirls, tiger marks, all sorts of things.

"And I thought amnesia was bad... there's an idea! I'll become a nurse or something and help take care of people."
It certainly seemed like a fitting idea to give back to the community that was being so kind to her.
And then maybe she could learn about cures for amnesia too!

And so the very next day, Sonya found herself working at the hospital...well more like practicing. She wasn't allowed to ACTUALLY treat patients but hey, pretending to take care of them was just as good.
It's the thought that counts right?

After her first day of work though, one of the handsome young men from the bar invited Sonya out on a date.

He seemed to be amazing at everything, this J Huntington III. He was clearly fit, but he had brains too, working as a QA tester.
And though he was a little nervous about tying the knot with someone he'd just met a day ago, hearing her plight and the fact that she'd just been given a large plot of land was too much to pass up. So they got married then at there.

Now with a husband in tow, Mrs.Little still had a lot to do, and was taking up writing in what little spare time she had, while Mr.Little will try to figure out how to program, game and jog in circles all at the same time.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
Ha!  Excellent choice in J.  He makes some very pretty babies hehehehe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »

I was actually looking for Gavin and he didn't want to come out. Very sads. Never wooed J before. I didn't realize he was noncommittal so it took a fair bit.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 08:41:26 PM »
Great start! I love how the whole town is pitching in to help her get on her feet. J's a sweetie once you get your foot in the door. Good job getting past that Non-Committal nonsense!

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
Chapter 2: Doctor's Tidings

"Ugh, why do I feel so terrible today."

"Sure, we've been eating nothing but cereal and milk for the past forever, but that really shouldn't make me feel so...bloated."
After debating the probable cause of what could be causing her upset stomach, Sonya headed inside and was greeted with a bunch of congratulation's and things like that.
"Congratulations? On my promotion again?"
"On being pregnant."
"Oh."

Perhaps if she studied more while at work, she'd have known that already.

A day or so later, it was time, and J HAD gone with her to the hospital but then was desperately needed at work and they wouldn't take no for an answer.

"I'm having your baby and you're...going to work?"

"I uh...wouldn't be much use anyway. Good luck have fun!"

After the terrifying operation, Sonya realized she'd have an extra surprise to take home to J since he dipped out.
"Congratulation's on two beautiful twin girls!"

The next few days were never meant to be seen by the general public. Slews of diapers, flung wildly about, parents passing out on the bed only to wake up again as one of the baby girls burst into tears.
"Quick you feed Carol, I'll change Lily."
And so on and so forth.

Then while preparing for the girls birthdays, it seemed Sonya was indeed paying better attention with her work at the hospital and now she had some news for J.

"I'm pregnant again!"

"Was...two not enough!?"

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »
I loved the punchline of this update. When Sonya announced that she was pregnant again, J said exactly what I was thinking.
Not with same facial expression as J, mind you, but the same question. Lol!

Sonya is certainly not wasting any time!

Offline Remonalynn

• ADHD Hummingbird
  • Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
Should have seen my reactions to twins.
"We can't even afford a decent stove but sure, let's have twins."
Now I'm like.
Might as well. What's the worst that could happen.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 11:43:48 PM »
Lol. I loved that her co-workers had to point out to her that she was pregnant. No promotion any time soon for you, dear. :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »
lol!  Oh dear.  Poor girl XD  Didn't even know she was pregnant.  Oh J... how could you?! Serves you right getting twins for abandoning Sonya!  hehehe, that face is priceless in the last shot.

anything