Author Topic: Sims 4: Can't invite or interact with specific Sim over the phone  (Read 24592 times)

Offline crvwolf

• Nooboo
Hello, I'm new to this forum so I hope I added this topic in the right category.  ;D

I'm having a problem on TS4 and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. There is this one specific Sim none of my other Sims can invite over, or even talk to on the phone. Her friends, her husband - whenever I'm not playing as this Sim, she can't be invited. On the other hand, she can invite or talk to anyone else.

This Sim doesn't work, so it's not because she's not at home. Sometimes she's just 'stuck' inside home or at a public place. It's really annoying because this way I can't invite her to parties either.

I tried resetting her and turned off all my mods, but it had no effect. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4: Can't invite or interact with specific Sim over the phone
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :) Have you tried using the group ability to travel with this sim when you are not actively playing her? This might be enough to get this sim on the active invite list. Take another sim to her house and then if you have Get Together make a group with her and travel to another lot. If you don't have Get Together then 'invite her to' and travel to another lot.

It is a 'feature' of TS4 that not all friends show up on the invite menu. I have no idea why it works this way but it has since launch day. Keep in mind that if you did not delete the localthumbcache.package file after taking out your mods the test wouldn't have been valid so this may still be a mods issue.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crvwolf

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:16:35 PM »
Hey,

I removed the cache file (I hadn't done that before) but for me it didn't make any difference. Adding this sim to a group doesn't work either. From the moment I let my active sim travel somewhere I can't take her with me. It's strange cause it seems to be this specific Sim only who can't ever get invited or called... :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:08:35 PM »
Hmm, this is weird for sure. I have had this happen to me but quitting and restarting the game always solved it. You've already tried resetting her but I'd try that again while your active sim is on the same lot as the 'stuck' sim.

Are you actually able to be on the same lot as stuck-sim and click your sim>Actions>Form Group and then select this stuck sim from the menu that pops up? If you can then what happens exactly when you travel? Do you get a text notification that the stuck sim is unable to travel or is busy?

Offline crvwolf

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »
I can travel to the lot stuck-sim is on, and also add her to a group, but from the moment I let my active sim travel somewhere else it gives this screen where you can select who's going to travel with you. Stuck-sim doesn't show up in that list at all even though she is there, in a group, or even in a club. Basically any interaction that gives you a menu to choose Sims from doesn't work: texting, calling, inviting, traveling etc...

I've tried resetting the sim multiple times but it doesn't do anything. :(

I added a screenshot to show what happened. My active Sim, a good friend of stuck-sim added her to a group. Next, I clicked Actions>invite (to a different lot), which gave the option screen. Stuck-sim once again doesn't show up... and if I just click "ok" without adding anyone, my active Sim travels alone.
(I looked in all categories of the option screen but she's nowhere to find.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »
The next thing I can think of is if you evict stuck sim from the manage worlds/households menu and place her temporarily on an empty lot having sold all the furniture, then bulldoze her house and replace it from your library...then move stuck sim back into her house.

In game play purposes she will still be in the same house with all the same items (providing you have saved her house to your library prior to evicting her) but hopefully this will reset her.

There is no easy way to reset glitched sims like this so maybe...maybe this might work.

If for some reason she doesn't have enough $ to move back in you can always use the freerealestate on cheat but if you sell all furniture everything should still be fine.

The last thing would be to save your stuck sim to the library and then delete her from your current game and then download her back into a newly downloaded house. This would remove all her relationships and money but should fix the issue. By saving her before deleting her you would have the same skills saved.

Offline crvwolf

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »
Thanks for your help. :) Unfortunately I had to delete my Sim and replace her with an old unskilled version, because for some reason, the glitch also happened with the library copy. Hopefully it won't happen again...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 06:04:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Least the rest of your save file was ok.

anything