Author Topic: Game is "Laggy", Sim can do things for some time then just freezes  (Read 1987 times)

Offline ghettovalleyaa

• Nooboo
My sim will starts to do things fine. Then switching tasks makes her stop moving. It takes 4 sim hours for her to do the thing. There is also a few second delay for the action wheel to come up. I tried a factory reset, even adjusted video settings. I don't mod so that's not it. I have Get Together and Get To Work. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it because the expansion? I also have a really big house, is it lagging the character actions?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game is "Laggy", Sim can do things for some time then just freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
Yes, having a large house can cause lag as well as nicely landscaped yards and many items in the Sim's personal inventory. - In the post linked below are tips that will help relieve game lag and freezing.

Relieving Freezing and Lag
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg426179#msg426179
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »
Also try reducing the number of things your sims can sit on. Sounds weird but sims spend a lot of time calculating where they will sit when multitasking. So Lock some doors on rooms you don't really use etc, that way your house will still look nicely furnished and hopefully cut down on some of that lag time. Where possible remove chairs, sofas and loveseats and extra beds not needed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:14:04 AM »
Even I didn't know that Playalot, thanks!  :D

Make sure your video drivers are up to date and clear your cache regularly, I find those two things help when my game starts to get a bit laggy. Playing in offline mode in Origin and disconnected from the internet helps too, I always play that way to cut down on lag.