Author Topic: How to make sure your game doesn't get deleted?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline dewmongo

• Nooboo
    • origin account
How to make sure your game doesn't get deleted?
« on: August 04, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »
Its happened to me a few times before when I first started playing sims but since I don't have CC or any mods (i do play  with cheats ) I haven't had the problem with a game being deleted even though you saved it. However I know it happens and it's a fear of mine lol so  I want to prevent my saved games from being wiped out. How do I do this?

What can I do (other than just saving the normal way on the game) to Make sure my saved games are always on my computer and if one happens to get deleted I can recover it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to make sure your game doesn't get deleted?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »
Your game saves shouldn't be getting deleted. You can recover any saved game here's how:

1. Click the "Load Game" button, from Main Menu.
2. In the Load Game Menu, you'll see thumbnails of all your saved games.
3. Click a saved game, and click the "Recover Save" button -- which is next to the play button.
4. Rename the saved game. Go back to Main Menu and then Load Game Menu to see your recovered game - Enjoy playing your recovered Sim family!

More information can be found with the link below:

Recover A Game Save (In-Game)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg466445#msg466445

If you're worried your saved games or other Sims 4 files will get deleted by accident. Backup your Sims 4 folder from time to time to a back up drive. You can use an external hard drive, usb drive, folder on the desktop - whatever backup media you choose.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dewmongo

• Nooboo
    • origin account
How to back up a game to my computer so it doesnt get deleted?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:58:13 PM »
im about to start using Mods and CC and dont want any of my saved games to get deleted but if it does happen, how can i make an extra save of my game so i can make sure it never gets deleted?

Offline Nancy01905

• Somewhere in Space
  • Townie
  • Sims, and Doctor Who rocks!!!!
    • Creations Haven
Re: How to back up a game to my computer so it doesnt get deleted?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
Go into your sims 4 folder and look for saves and left click on the folder hit copy and move the copy onto your desktop

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to back up a game to my computer so it doesnt get deleted?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »
If you're worried your saved games or other Sims 4 files will get deleted by accident. Backup your Sims 4 folder from time to time to a back up drive or folder.

Copy your Sims 4 folder - [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4] to the desktop, an external hard drive, usb drive or whatever backup media you choose.

It's easier to just backup your whole Sims 4 folder, this way files don't go missing.

–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline dewmongo

• Nooboo
    • origin account
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
Your game saves shouldn't be getting deleted. You can recover any saved game here's how:

1. Click the "Load Game" button, from Main Menu.
2. In the Load Game Menu, you'll see thumbnails of all your saved games.
3. Click a saved game, and click the "Recover Save" button -- which is next to the play button.
4. Rename the saved game. Go back to Main Menu and then Load Game Menu to see your recovered game - Enjoy playing your recovered Sim family!

More information can be found with the link below:

Recover A Game Save (In-Game)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg466445#msg466445

If you're worried your saved games or other Sims 4 files will get deleted by accident. Backup your Sims 4 folder from time to time to a back up drive. You can use an external hard drive, usb drive, folder on the desktop - whatever backup media you choose.

i was trying to install mods to my game so i saved as, then exited the game and then opened it again and when i opened it, the load button is completely gone. there is only the play button now. so i cant even load or recover it. i backed up my saved games to my desktop before and moved them back but my game is still completely gone and the load game button is still gone.. what do i do?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »
When this has happened with my game I had to rename the save file in the Saves folder, so the game recognizes the saved game again. - Tips for this glitch/bug are in the post linked below:

Load Game Option is Gone From the Main Menu?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg460913#msg460913

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dewmongo

• Nooboo
    • origin account
Yesterday my entire sims game got wiped out, all of my saves nowhere to be found and i couldn't even load any games. it was as if i never played, the load/new game buttons were gone and  so i just started over. how do i prevent this from happening again? i didn't do anything for it to happen, it just happened. when i go to save a game, i click on "Save as" instead of just save, then i rename it, then i save again and exit. but it still got deleted

How do i backup my saved games to my computer so in case it gets deleted again i still have them in my computer files?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
@dewmongo  I suggest you start reading through the excellent responses @MrsFlynn has posted for you instead of constantly posting the same question... which, has already been answered thoroughly. Your constant re-posting is bordering on spam.

Have a read of our Forum Rules

Just in case you genuinely are confused: here's your answer, again:
If you're worried your saved games or other Sims 4 files will get deleted by accident. Backup your Sims 4 folder from time to time to a back up drive or folder.

Copy your Sims 4 folder - [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4] to the desktop, an external hard drive, usb drive or whatever backup media you choose.

It's easier to just backup your whole Sims 4 folder, this way files don't go missing.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.