Author Topic: Sims 4 Loading Screen - Slow Loading  (Read 10149 times)

Offline sixthday6

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Loading Screen - Slow Loading
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:44 PM »
Hello there, I recently updated my Sims 4 with Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff pack and now it's loading really slow (read: forever). I tried some help from The Sims Forums, like removing stuffs from Documents/ElectronicArts/Sims 4 and the save contents there, then I made a new game to test if it won't load slow anymore. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Here are my laptop's specs:
i7-7500u @ 2.70GHz 2.90GHz
8gb RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 920MX (i'm having troubles with my geforce too but it doesn't affect my gaming experience ^^)

Please help me solve the problem, I'm going to try removing TVBS pack and see if it's the reason.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Loading Screen - Slow Loading
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:03:06 AM »
There may not be much that can be done, as you have a processor that really isn't made for gaming. Laptops with U processors are made for office/homework, watching videos, listening to music and other light tasks, not so much for gaming. The video card is lower end, that might get medium at best.

The more packs, game and Origin updates, mods, custom content you add the heavier and more demanding the game gets which puts more stress on the system unfortunately.

In the posts linked below are some troubleshooting tips that you can try

How to reduce loading time, so it loads faster? (Tips)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23697.msg412348#msg412348

Game Will Not Launch/Start/Load
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg410185#msg410185
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4 Loading Screen - Slow Loading
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:58:42 AM »
Are your NVIDIA Geforce 920MX drivers up to date? What problems are you having with Geforce?

anything