Author Topic: Elevator confusion?  (Read 11296 times)

Offline faithgr

• Nooboo
Elevator confusion?
« on: July 09, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »
Hi guys! I replaced Spire with an amazing apartment from the gallery. It has one elevator, and an elevator shaft all the way up to the third floor- but will the elevator take my sims up to the third floor, or do I need to move things around and add stairs too? I have heard elevators are pretty limited, and I can't find anything on the build guide that says whether or not it will work.

It should be noted that on the third floor, there isn't a door where the shaft is either- would I need to add one if the elevator will go up?

And my apologies for all of the questions lol I've not played much with apartments or city living yet.

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
Re: Elevator confusion?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
You won't be able to build stairs outside of your apartment boundaries. If the elevator doesn't go all the way up, you can go into build mode and find several other elevator options of different heights to get your sims where they need to go.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
In normal game play you will need to add stairs to the other floors inside your sims buildable space but there was a post on the Official Forums where someone had managed to get elevators working on all the floors of his penthouse. I couldn't find the post/thread but the simmer (Jason Stirling) made a youtube video about how he did it with a penthouse lot. Not sure if that is helpful with apartments but it is interesting anyway.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:01:00 AM »
Wow - i didn't know that  was possible. Thanks for the video @Playalot