Author Topic: Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--Please Graveyard  (Read 21938 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--Bad News
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2017, 05:30:58 PM »
Pippin, You might consider this:

If an heir does not complete the child or teen requirements, or dies before completing the requirements for heirs or former heirs, you must stop playing that bloodline, but you may continue the challenge.

I'd say you can keep going with the Rosenpeppers and the Bzlnorks.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--Bad News
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »
Ugh -- sorry to hear that. On the other hand, if you make Izumi's clone your founder, you could keep her around for 8 generations.
Don't think I didn't consider that  ;=)  Of course, then it becomes impossible to find a good enough spouse...

Oh no, Pippin! Shana and Bella were so close to completing Bella's move-out requirements, too!
I also enthusiastically aged up the heir's twin and failed my first RDC attempt. There are so many rules, restrictions, and requirements to bear in mind!

After your trial by fire with the Rival Dynasties Challenge, you will probably find the Immortal Dynasty Challenge a lot more fun.
I love @MarianT 's idea of cloning blonde Izumi to become the founder of your new immortal dynasty!
But which sim could live up to becoming the spouse, considering Izumi's utter awesomeness!!!

I'm sorry your RDC story has come to an end but eagerly look forward to your next challenge! <3
Yeah, it's been a struggle, but it was fun.  I think the immortal will be more manageable, but I might just play through a file of practice run first as I've actually never made ambrosia in Sims 4...

Pippin, You might consider this:

If an heir does not complete the child or teen requirements, or dies before completing the requirements for heirs or former heirs, you must stop playing that bloodline, but you may continue the challenge.

I'd say you can keep going with the Rosenpeppers and the Bzlnorks.
I did think about that, but then I've got 7-8 generations for each of those families instead of the 5 and that will throw off my gameplan to avoid repeating anything within the households and I was definitely finding it hard to go household to household (especially during the school year when teaching, lesson planning, grading, and family life make my gaming time more sporadic).

Thanks everyone who's been commenting and chiming in on this attempt.  I was about halfway through the Izumi household's week when I realized my error, so I might put together one last update...maybe...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--The Final Update
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »
Just to give some semblance of something not quite like closure, I put together this partial week update of what I had played before realizing that I'd already failed the dynasty by aging up Bella early

Gavin:  Alright, Ishy, I'm ready to be the focal point of this dynasty bloodline!  I'm ready to step up to the challenge!  I'm ready for my face time!

Ishikawa:  You're stalling because you know I'm about to win?
Gavin:  ...maybe...
Pippin:  But despite Gavin's claims, we actually do spend some time focusing on other members of the household.

Vlad:  So, young lady...man...person.  I understand you're courting my daughter?
Izaiah:  Umm, yes.  Aren't you that vampire who wasn't smart enough to come in out of the sun?
Vlad:  Actually, that's why I'm here.  She's going to have to turn you into a vampire, so I just wanted to warn you to stay out of the sun.
Izaiah:  Oh.  Thanks, man.  I thought I was going to get the whole intimidating parent routine.
Vlad:  Oh no.  I leave that up to my wife.
Izaiah:  ...I'm in trouble, aren't I?
Vlad:  So much trouble.
Pippin:  And speaking of Vlad's wife...

Gavin:  (mocking tone) Oh, look at me!  I'm a big, scary vampire!
Pippin:  Really, Gavin?  You chose Shana to be your enemy?  Bella's sweet and harmless.  Shana might devour you.
Gavin:  True, but if I become Shana's enemy, I've helped advance their bloodline too.
Pippin:  Fair point.

Gavin:  Haha!  I'm going to throw this red liquid in your literal face!
Shana:  Oh, a red liquid will be involved.  Speaking of red liquids, I plan to invade your home and drain you every night.  Good luck accomplishing any of your goals, heir.
Pippin:  I told you so.
Jaivan:  Look at me!!!

Jaivan:  I AM SO AWESOME!!!!!
Pippin:  I...that is actually pretty impressive.
Izumi:  And he's all mine!
Jaivan:  Yeah I am!

Izumi:  And look!  Izzy immortalized up in paint!
Pippin:  That is pretty adorable!  And speaking of pretty and adorable...

Pippin:  Izumi.
Izumi:  So, Jaivan, are you just standing back there checking me out?
Jaivan:  I...what was that?  Sorry, i was distracted by...well...you.
Izumi:  I know.
Pippin:  And speaking of being distracted...

Gavin:  No, Sofia, I don't see anything over there.  Wait, when did I end up in checkmate?
Sofia:  Oh, guess you just weren't paying enough attention.
Pippin:  Though he does seem to pay a decent amount of attention to young Sofia...
Izumi:  She's no me, but she is rather cute.

Pippin:  And it looks like somebody's going to get a promotion...from the hijacked vampire bloodline well.
Wishing Well:  In my defense, he did substantially bribe me!

Pippin:  Aww, are you bonding with your baby sister, Izzy?
Izaiah:  That and preparing for when Bella and I have our own nooboos.
Bella:  (snorty laugh) Yeah.  You're such a sweetheart, honeybunny!

Pippin:  And that's right about where we were when I realized my error.
Jaivan:  Goodbye, forum!  Hope you enjoyed the time as much as I enjoyed being married to the most beautiful Sim ever!

Izumi:  Aww, it's so sweet when you make statements of fact.

Thank you everyone who has followed this attempt.  I've just posted the first chapter of my newest dynasty attempt:  an immortal dynasty.  Hopefully you enjoy the new household as much as you've enjoyed these crazy Sims!

The Took Immortal Dynasty

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--The Final Update
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
Awww, just when Jaivan was finally about to get a promotion, too!
I will really miss all your sims from this challenge, Pippin!

But you have boundless creativity and wit, so I'm sure I will be just as captivated by your new immortal dynasty.
Farewell, sims of the Izumi, Bzork, and Von Carloff households!

Blond-haired Izumi, be sure Pippin makes a separate copy of you in his Gallery!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--The Final Update
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 08:40:07 AM »
AAWW :-( Pip :-( This is just such bad luck!

You  really are The Most Tenacious Simmer!!! The fact that you get back on the horse (can you tell I really want Pets in TS4 sooner rather than later lol) so often, is one of the reasons that you are extremely beloved! The rest is all because of who you are, but, the Tenacious bit is the icing on the cake! I'm starting to think I might have jinxed you with that moniker though :-(

I am now off to view what I am sure is going to be another extremely unique Founder who will win our hearts and minds!

Good luck my Dearest Pip!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--Izumi Clone
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2017, 12:56:50 PM »
Awww, just when Jaivan was finally about to get a promotion, too!
I will really miss all your sims from this challenge, Pippin!

But you have boundless creativity and wit, so I'm sure I will be just as captivated by your new immortal dynasty.
Farewell, sims of the Izumi, Bzork, and Von Carloff households!

Blond-haired Izumi, be sure Pippin makes a separate copy of you in his Gallery!
Of course Izumi is preserved 9with and without a makeover) in my gallery  ;=)
I appreciate all of your support and enthusiasm in every challenge I attempt.

AAWW :-( Pip :-( This is just such bad luck!

You  really are The Most Tenacious Simmer!!! The fact that you get back on the horse (can you tell I really want Pets in TS4 sooner rather than later lol) so often, is one of the reasons that you are extremely beloved! The rest is all because of who you are, but, the Tenacious bit is the icing on the cake! I'm starting to think I might have jinxed you with that moniker though :-(

I am now off to view what I am sure is going to be another extremely unique Founder who will win our hearts and minds!

Good luck my Dearest Pip!

I am certain I was jinxed before the moniker.  The moniker simply gives me a reward for being jinxed  ;=)

So, I've had a couple of people comment about wanting to see Iyanna (Izumi clone) grown up to see how closely the genetics actually matched up, so I went back in game and aged her up through teen.  Here are some peeks at that process.

Toddler Iyanna and Mama

Child at cake with mama and Random Vampire Guy for no apparent reason (he's everywhere!!)

Child after makeover

Teen at cake

She aged up very disco.
Now, teen done up in similar fashion to mama to make a solid comparison

She definitely got daddy's eyebrows, not mama's
And here she is with her own look in everyday

And party attire

Not an Izumi clone exactly, but still very beautiful

I'm half-tempted to start a second IDC with her as a founder, but I shouldn't take the time and focus away from the Took household.  Maybe I'll save her for some future challenge...?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Tenacious Rivalry Dynasty--Izumi Clone
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
Yes, please save Iyanna Ishikawa for a future challenge.
She is not only very lovely but she is......a redhead! It would be awesome to watch her launch her own dynasty someday!

Thank you for going back into your game and sharing the screenshots with us!  <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.