Author Topic: Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge  (Read 42021 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 04:07:30 AM »
Does anyone know how long the cooldown period is for the tree to open its portal again?
Do I need to be in the neighboring area for that countdown to register?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2017, 02:26:59 AM »
@Rangervegas    Yo, we're over here!  ;D

Hello all I'm back.....Heh..decided to get in on the whole Plantsim thing and get the Vampires pack since that seems fun.

In any case since this seems to be an ongoing thread for Plantsim stuff I thought i'd post this here.

It seems general knowledge that for alot of people getting the "Uncomfortable" seed is one of the toughest ones. And there are some resonable ideas about how to go about it and one seems to be getting to be friends with the sim and invite them over and lock them in a room in your house with dirty dishes/till their needs drop low/ etc...Which is reasonable to me.

The problem I seem to have is that once i've made friends with these sims they never seem to STAY plant sims for more than a day after i've developed enough of a relationship for them to show up in my social panel. So I go to invite them over and they come over as normal sims. REALLY annoying. Anyone else seen this happen to them in trying to get the "uncomfortable" seed and have any other ideas other than cheating the inventory object to just get the seed?

Thanks... :D

I've locked up a sim without befriending them. I used the Action/Forum group feature. But, like you, by the time I got the PlantSim downstairs, they were no longer PlantSims.

What worked for me was standing by the sidewalk with two piles of trash, waiting for a PlantSim to come along.
Beware of other sims who will try to dispose of your trash piles.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2017, 05:46:54 AM »
Yea what I finally did was manage to get some glasses and dishes in my bedroom. And invite in a sim I had already made a little relationship with. He happened to walk by as a Plantsim again so I just locked him in my bedroom till he got uncomfortable and asked him for a seed and finally got my last one.....Whew....:D

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2017, 09:45:10 AM »
As I said earlier uncomfortable plant Sims was common in my game. But if you have a vampire around they can deplete needs. Also if you invite a sim over or on an outing not wandering around your neighborhood they will not be plant Sims, but if you see them around town and ask them to hang out, I haven't seen them quit being a plant sim, I guess the lock them up and starve them thing would work.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »
I can confirm that neither aliens nor vampires can be turned into a plantsim. I don't know about ghosts.
If you see a plantsim in your relationship panel and invite them to go to a lot with you, unfortunately they will turn back into a normal Sim. You'll only see plantsims during the day.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline adrianna

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »
I haven't seen a single plantsim. I've looked everywhere I could think of. Am I missing something?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
I haven't seen a single plantsim. I've looked everywhere I could think of. Am I missing something?
I had to talk to Jasmine a few times before they spawned for me. They will not spawn to my knowledge until you talk to her. Good news is you can call her and she will come over.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »
I've had plant sims spawn in a challenge file where we were not allowed to talk to JH, so it does happen.  I suspect that they spawn more quickly or frequently if you do talk to her though.  They just wander round the home neighbourhood, I usually see 2-3 of them per sim day and Jasmine seems to hang around by the letter box of the household I'm playing.  Maybe if you are travelling frequently they are not getting a chance to spawn? (insert shrugging smiley here)

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »
I've seen plantsims spawning almost immediately (after just a few minutes) when sims travel. With sims townies aren't homeless, the plantsim status seems to reset every time my sims travelled. Newly generated homeless townies seem to retain the plantsim status even if my sims travel. I don't know why.

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 04:00:11 PM »
I got one seed pretty easily, then a long dry spell.  I used some of the advice here and finished the rest of them for both my legacy and city-living games.

To get the rest of them, I went to the parks and waited around until plantsims came by. Then, I manipulated moods as necessary before asking for the seed. Uncomfortable was definitely the hardest on my second game (it spawned first in my legacy game). I managed it by having a pile of trash (as suggested in an earlier post). As soon as the plantsim showed up, I built a wall around them to keep them near the trash and keep others from cleaning it up. When my sim needed a bathroom or food, I walled her off alone and knocked out a wall to deal with her needs.

One caution: Don't do this with a hot-headed sim. She only got angry, very angry.  It took all day and a fight before she finally became uncomfortable. And I think that was mostly because she had to use the toilet.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »
@RiotKitty

As soon as the plantsim showed up, I built a wall around them to keep them near the trash and keep others from cleaning it up. When my sim needed a bathroom or food, I walled her off alone and knocked out a wall to deal with her needs.

Very nice! I like your style, lol.  ;D  *gives thumbs up

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »
Does anyone know how long the cooldown period is for the tree to open its portal again?
Do I need to be in the neighboring area for that countdown to register?

It seems I'm the last person to figure this out, but I'll post my discovery here anyway.
The Portal Tree apparently opens everyday at 10 am.
On two previous days, I returned home at 10:30am and even at 10:05 am, and the portal was closed.
But the portal seems to stay open while you're on the lot. (My sims noticed at 10:11am that the portal was open and could enter.)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
I learned something, you can plant a forbidden fruit of the plantsim. So far it hasn't grown up so I don't know what it grows into. Will let you know. Sorry I didn't realize this whie the challenge was on. At least you can cheat there still.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 02:47:14 PM »
It grows into a forbidden fruit tree, growing forbidden fruit of the plantsim of course. I new cool plant to garden. I pride myself on my sims perfect gardens. Yay! More plants!