Author Topic: Sims 4 - Cheat bar won't open  (Read 10626 times)

Offline Aalbiel

• Nooboo
Sims 4 - Cheat bar won't open
« on: April 17, 2017, 04:28:54 AM »
Hi all,

I used to play a lot of Sims 2 back in the day, and I thought I'd give it a go again with Sims 4. I've played a bit so far, tried out the new stuff, enjoyed the fact that you can eat AND talk to someone at the same time (revolutionary !!).

Anyway, my problem is, I went to use some cheat codes but when pressing Ctrl + Shift + C the cheat bar does not come up. Here are all the ways I tried to fix it, unsuccessfully :

1) tried every possible combination of keys remotely related to that combination : I tried Ctrl, Command (I'm on a Macbook Pro), Command on the left, Command on the right, Shift on the left, Shift on the right.... even threw in some Alt and Fn in there... I even switched back to the original keyboard (American Qwerty, I'm using it as a French Azerty) even though neither of the keys I need change place between those keyboard configurations. Also all the other keyboard shortcuts (0 1 2 3, P, M....) work.

2) switched around between lots, between played sims, between families, even opened up a new game. No go.

3) Used Origin repair tool.

4) Uninstalled and reinstalled using Origin. An odd thing about this though : I uninstalled without any thought for my saved game (honestly I didn't care too much about it), but it was still there when I reinstalled ? Do games get saved online (seems unlikely) or did Origin not uninstall my game properly ?

After all of this, no change, still no cheat bar.
Could anyone please help me fix this ?

Thanks
- L

P.S. I have no mods or packs or any extra content.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Cheat bar won't open
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:01:36 AM »
Thank you for listing what you've tried. Have a look at the post linked below for some tips. Skip over those you haven't tried.

How To: Turn On/Off and Use Testingcheats
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23632.msg411671#msg411671

When you uninstalled/reinstalled and the Sims 4 folder was left, It was because the folder in \Documents\Electronic Arts\ was left there to be moved if desired. It's best to move that to backup media of choice for safe keeping.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Cheat bar won't open
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
I think you probably have a keyboard layout issue. Your game must mistake your Apple keyboard for a Windows PC keyboard layout. I had such an issue with Spore on Mac. Impossible to use the @ key for logging in.
I don't know if you can try to connect a USB keyboard designed for Windows (if possible an ordinary QWERTY, just in case it would go wrong with an AZERTY), override the default keyboard with this one and change the keyboard layout in system settings to see if you can open the cheat console like this. Not sure of this would work though, it's an experiment to try.

anything