Author Topic: No Data in my Cache Folder?  (Read 6231 times)

Offline akiiryu

• Nooboo
No Data in my Cache Folder?
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:53:05 AM »
A bit of background: So I have been having this Sims 4 bug for a while now, and it has been making me dislike playing Sims since I can't have more than one saved game in my world. If I make a new household, I can only access my old one one more time before the game deletes the family and the lot will get reset back to the basic lot (which sucks since that means that my work was for nothing). But I discovered that this glitch doesn't only affect ONE save, it affects every single save in my game. Newcrest plots get wiped, if I altered Sims from other worlds then they get reset back to their base game models, and I'm stuck with my one family.

So, I did some research. I learned from this website (Carl's Sims 4 guide) that if you delete your cache folder, it could help. When I went into my EA folder, I found out that my cache folder has been empty this entire time. The onlinecache one was also empty, as well as cachestr. I removed some random files that I saw pop up in your guide, but it didn't solve the problem.

Please help--I'm an avid Sims fan and I'm starting to dislike the game because of how I can't make new saves or even design houses. The a few of the purposes of the game are basically gone, since now I'm stuck with only one save file and whatever work I do in that save before everything gets wiped from a new household.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: No Data in my Cache Folder?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:02:15 AM »
If you play in offline mode or with Online Access Features turned off, you may not see anything in these folders (cache, cachestr, onlinethumbnailcache). This is normal.

You may see spotlight_en-us.package in the cachestr folder, but it's safe to delete. It will be regenerated next time you play.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what the issue might be. But here's a couple of things that might help.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401669#msg401669

I'm Missing My Saved Games?!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg448765#msg448765
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
As MrsFlynn said it is quite normal for those files to be empty if you do not access the online Gallery.

Are you saving your games correctly? Perhaps everything is 'resetting' is because you are not actively saving the changes. The 'auto-save' feature does not take care of saving your game as such, it just creates an 'emergency back-up' file of sorts that the game does not 'look' at when reloading your current game.

Another thought are you starting new games each time instead of loading a previously played-in save?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline akiiryu

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »
I actively access the online Gallery, so I don't think it's me being offline. As for the saving comment, I also started saving my game regularly because of this problem but it still reset my world regardless of anything. Also, I play each household for about two to three weeks before I make a new one, so I'm not just leaving my saves idle to make more Sims.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »
The next thing to look at is if you are using mods and/or cc. if you are has it all been updated since the patch that gave us toddlers as a lot of cc/mods broke with that patch.

If you are using mods/cc have you tried playing without and seeing if this issue still occurs?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »
Other than what Play posted above, I linked earlier to a post on missing saved games. Link here It talks about renaming the auto-save file as well as finding the game files if they've been saved to a different folder or saved to OneDrive. OneDrive is causing a lot of issues with Sims 4 now that it's turned on by default.

It might be helpful to read that post over to see if any of it helps to you find your missing game files.

If it doesn't please explain in further detail what the problem is and we'll help the best we can.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything