Author Topic: Moving Out Children  (Read 17372 times)

Offline Sophie9w

• Nooboo
Moving Out Children
« on: February 27, 2017, 06:24:54 PM »
I'm playing the Computer version and I have a daughter who is now a YA who I want to move out of the house as it's too full. However, I want to keep playing the original family but don't want to accidentally do the wrong thing and make them disappear or my YA. I at least want to move her into a new house with her husband and want to see her around town, living her life. So I have a few questions;

1) How can I do this without deleting my original family or her?
2) Will I still see her around town and will she remember her original family?
3) Will the relationships with her family stay the same when she does?
4) When my eldest and successor of my home has his own children will their relationship say 'Aunt' and 'Niece/Nephew'?
5) Will she visit if she remembers the family?

Thanks in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving Out Children
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
1. The game doesn't delete either the Original family or the Sim you're moving out. Depending on how you move them out, you can either choose a house for them or have the game choose a house.

2. Yes you will be able to see the Sim around town and will remember her family.

3. The Sim will keep their relationship ties with the family.

4. Yes, the game should say who is the Aunt, Niece, Nephew, etc.

5. Yes, the Sim will visit and may call the family.

Please note that if you have story progression on the non-played family members may move out of town. If that's the case, they may loose family ties.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie9w

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »
Thank you!

Another question; will they also age as time goes by or is that what you mean by story progression? So when I get to generation 3 for example I'll see their offspring walking about?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »
If aging is turned on yes, they will age. You will see your Sim and their offspring go through life.

I don't know how to explain story progression well enough. So I found this link to help with that: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Story_progression

This will help explain better what I mean when I said non-played family members may move out of town and if they do they may loose family ties.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sophie9w

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:18:27 PM »
Okay, thank you! I can't wait to keep the offspring of all six of my current sim's children a tightly knitted group. :)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 04:30:39 PM »
When you move them out, you can choose "kick out" and the game will usually find a house for them. I only had 1 failure on that one, but then I think the town was full at the time. Just make sure that there are houses available. When "kicked out," you don't have to worry about them having enough funds to buy a house. I did this w/the son of one of my legacy families and now their grand children can marry his grandchildren!

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 09:33:55 AM »
A question along this same line. I had my eldest son of the family buy a house and move to it. That part worked just fine, but He took ALL of the family funds with them. I sent him home on a visit to try and get his belongings but no go. He was recognized by the family but wasn't granted access to any of his stuff (i.e. the nectar equipment and racks). Is there any way to split or share the belongings & family funds?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
There may not be a way to share family funds or split family belongings. Every time I've tried doing so it doesn't work, unless it's something that can be put in their personal inventory before they move out.