Author Topic: Open Relationship Advice Needed  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Open Relationship Advice Needed
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:25:28 AM »
I normally play sappy romantic, eternally faithful couples, but I am toying with the idea of exploring an open relationship between Sims, and am wondering just how well this might work.  :-\

Has anyone here experimented with this before? Can it work without jealously (Obviously I am not going to use the jealous trait), broken relationships, hurt feelings or fights? What is the best way to go about this to avoid those things, if at all possible.

I don't want to hurt my Sims, I just want to try romance from a different angle than I normally do, that's all.

I'd really love to hear from other Simmers who have done this sort of thing before and their experiences.  :)

(I forgot to mention that I want all Sims involved living under the same roof ... yeah, probably asking for trouble, I know, lol. XD ).

Offline lilygrobbo

• Nooboo
Re: Open Relationship Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:49:47 AM »
I have before done many open relationships on the Sims 4. I only did it so I could complete my aspiration, which was serial romantic.
I found out that if one of your girlfriends/boyfriends sees you with another girlfriend/boyfriend they do tend to get jealous. I haven't found anything to stop this from happening.
Another thing is you can have more than one girlfriend/boyfriend. This makes it easier, in a way, to have a proper relationship.
I don't recommend having a relationship with a good friend/best friend. This can make things very awkward.
One last thing, if you don't want anyone to get jealous try to avoid public areas.

Goodluck!
-Lilygrobbo

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Open Relationship Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 05:16:25 AM »
One thing is for sure - it's a lot less problematic in TS4 because Sims won't be aware of what transpires in different rooms/areas like they were in TS3. As long as you don't go anywhere with more than one lover at a time, they will be completely unaware of the competition. However, completing the Serial Romantic aspiration will provide you with a reward trait which counters jealousy. Then you can play the field indefinitely with no problems. Good luck and have fun! Personally, I love this playstyle since I get bored easily. Not in real life though ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted