Author Topic: Help with seemingly random crashes (CC Related?)  (Read 3361 times)

Offline whokilledbob

• Nooboo
Help with seemingly random crashes (CC Related?)
« on: March 17, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »
Hi

I am getting these random crashes. They occur almost at all kinds of places. First crash was just when playing the household, not doing anything special, cooking or something. Then I got another crash while building, loading some items. I tried to go to the same items to see if it crashed again, it did, i thought maybe it was corrupt CC. I went trough the horrid experience of trying out all my CC individually. Everything worked fine when I did like 100-ish items at a time, but as soon as I placed it all back again, the crashes started up again, this time when building, but not at the same place. I removed all CC and the entire documents>electronic arts folder. No crash. Tried with a new save and like half of my CC and it worked, so I figure i'd try with all of it (maybe it was the old save that was messed up). It still isn't working and the crashes occur mostly while placing lots from my gallery.

So I'm no expert, but I've played sims for like 15 years and I was 100% sure it was some weird CC causing it but now I'm not sure. Can it be that it's crashing cause my graphic card isn't up for the task of loading all the CC? I had all the same CC for like two months without adding anything new and it always worked, the crashing is a recent thing and at first it was rare, but now it crashes as soon as I start doing anything "real" like building.

Super confused, would be happy for any help.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Help with seemingly random crashes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
Since it seems like you're still having problems with outdated mods and/or custom content, look over this post linked below to see if any of the tips help.

Problems with CC or Mods? How to Fix!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Yes, have a lot of custom content may cause crashing problems regardless of what type of computer you may have.

Also, you haven't mentioned what you've tried to remedy the crashing, so please forgive the repeat tips.

General Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg408903#msg408903
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline whokilledbob

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:29:40 AM »
All my mods used to work. They are not outdated since I havent updated once since they worked. I haven't added anything new and I have tested them all in game in seperate tries without crashes. So I do not believe it is the CC but the mass of the CC.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »
Then you may want to pair down your custom content if it's still making your game crash. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
Definitely sounds like a mod conflict of some type.

Do you know if there are any CC the lots have in common?  Especially anything really sparkly.

Offline whokilledbob

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
Ive gone through all the CC in parts. And the crashes aren't even always triggered by the CC, the crashes seem to occur mostly when the game is using alot CPU-power, like when loading a lot, or loading CC or placing a lot and stuff like that.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Help with seemingly random crashes (CC Related?)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
What are your computer's specs? Does it meet or exceed the recommended specs?

It's highly recommended that if you're going to play with a lot of custom content and mods, that the computer meets or exceeds the recommended specs. So it has enough power to play the game.

Here are the recommed Specs for Sims 4

Desktop Specs:

Processor 2.4 Ghz or better
Video Card GTX 950 or 960 or AMD R9 380
computer ram 8gb
hard drive space at least 500 gb
windows 64 bit

Laptop Specs:

Processor : i7 HQ or MQ quad ~ 2.4 GHz
Video card : Nvidia GTX 960m or better
computer ram 8gb
hard drive space at least 500 gb
windows 64 bit

If you're not sure how to find your computer's info, here's a post linked below that can help with that.

How To: Find System Specs - Windows 10, 8 and 7
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21030.0.html

Even if your computer meets or exceeds the recomended specs, it is a known issue that the game is sluggish and problematic. The game programmers are trying to look into that.

If you feel the crashing is game related, you maybe able to share your game saves with SimGuruNick. See the link below for more information:

http://forums.thesims.com/En_US/discussion/comment/15554606/#Comment_15554606

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything