Author Topic: The Sims 3 "Change Mermaid Scale Color" in Mirror not working  (Read 3257 times)

Offline AquaMeow

• Nooboo
Hi everyone, I have a bit of an issue I never encountered before in my Sims 3 gameplay. I have the sims 3 Island Paradise pack and recently my sim turned into a toddler who happens to be a mermaid. I went over to the mirror to change his scale colors and when I tried I got this option instead. (Look over at screenshot provided) Can anyone help me with this? Thanks! Also a quick note I do not use cc or mods. Pure gameplay no fake content. I bought all the games and I play them on my 6 year old Macbook Pro (early 2011). The top photo is my gameplay, bottom photo shows what I am supposed to see. I do not know where the colors and mermaid scale options went..

Thanks again!

-AquaMeow (Simmer since 2002)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 "Change Mermaid Scale Color" in Mirror not working
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 02:01:14 PM »
I'm not sure what's happening with the game. If you've done all this already, please forgive the repeat.

Have you tried resetting the Sim or household?

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Maybe try a factory reset, just in case there maybe something wrong with the game save?

Sims 3 Factory Reset (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401814.html#msg401814
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AquaMeow

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
Thank you for the reply, I will try and see if this works! I also noticed in the game a male sim swimming like a normal sim even though he is a mermaid. He had no fins :( Don't know the reason and I have been searching for answers!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
I don't know the answer to that as I don't really play with mermaids. You might try a factory reset with a new game to play-test to see if there's something wrong with your current game save?

The more you play on a game save (hours, days, months or years in real-time) it can cause the save to corrupt. It's good to do a factory reset every now and again. Specially if you like to play on a game save for long periods of time.

I've had game saves that I've had to give up on and start a new game cause they've gotten corrupted. I export the family and house and have them start over in a new game and then go on from there.

How To: Save Sims 3 Files From the Library (Exporting Files)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20751.msg380782#msg380782
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything