Author Topic: Toddler Low Needs  (Read 2193 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Toddler Low Needs
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:10:36 PM »
Not sure if this is the right forum to post in. My toddler has to eat and sleep soon after waking up and I don't have enough time to skill her. Any suggestions?
Cynthia

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Toddler Low Needs
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:25:32 PM »
Try putting the toddler to sleep for a while half way through the day just to top up their energy needs. Once the toddler has gained some energy spend time skilling up, then bath, feed etc and put back to bed. it's really just about getting them into a routine lol a lot like real life I guess. Also toddlers can grab a serving from a plate of food left on a bench etc so have them feed themselves to save a bit of time.

You can feed toddlers harvestables, they don't fill them up much but give them a good moodlet and can stave of hunger for a little bit longer to help with more time for skilling. Toddlers can eat harvestables from their own inventory or the floor or your adult sim can give them harvestables from their own inventory.

You can also wake toddlers up in the middle of the night, have them go potty (once at L2), eat from food an adult prepared earlier and placed in fridge (drag plate of food from fridge to the toddlers feet and direct toddler to take a plate, then drag food back to fridge) and then put them back to bed, this way they won't need to eat etc when your adult sim wakes up so there will be more time for skilling.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »
I think mine has a glitch because I have tried waking her up halfway filled and feeding her then but she doesn't even have enough time to use the potty, or finish eating or play with toys.  She falls asleep in the high chair and passes out on the ground. Of course it's in an Immortal dynasty try.  I think it might have happened because her mother left the house to get the cherry trees to grow.  When I first had the toddler she had plenty of time to eat, sleep, and play.
Cynthia

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »
That certainly doesn't sound right. Check with the challenge team before doing anything to your save file but perhaps resetting the sim may help or even deleting the localthumbcache.package file. Have you tried traveling with the whole household to another lot and back as that often resets the sims as well as making sure their personal inventories are as empty as possible as full inventories can cause all sorts of weird 'time' glitches etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
I learned today that keeping food (fridge and servings), potty, chair, and bed all in the same room is very handy :) I put some food on a table next to the bed, so my toddler just sat there on her bed, grabbed the food (she has long arms) and ate.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted