Author Topic: The Sims 4 Family Help Needed  (Read 3200 times)

Offline lilygrobbo

• Nooboo
The Sims 4 Family Help Needed
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:34:39 AM »
So I've just encountered this problem. If you know what to do please help. Here goes...

Okay, so I've got this family of four, two parents (female and male) and two toddlers (both female). The parents have recently divorced and I moved the ex-wife into a home with some of her friends. I moved the husband into a new home with the two toddlers. I just finished building my home and decorating it, and when I entered live mode the ex-wife was at my house interacting with the toddlers. At first I thought she was just visiting and she would leave, but she then went inside and slept in her ex-husbands bed. I can't ask her to leave. I have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me.

Thank you in advanced.
-Lilygrobbo

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Family Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum this is a reported bug (click). My guess it is due the the non-residential parent still being a nominated 'caregiver'. Maybe if you play the non-residential parent and select a toddler the option to deselect that sim being a caregiver should appear, that might stop the sim hanging around constantly.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »
@Playalot I've seen in game files that parents are automatically assigned as caregivers, there's no way the caregiver status can be removed for parents. @lilygrobbo You'll need to be patient because the problem will be solved only when toddlers become children. Only then the ex-wife will leave.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 10:22:55 PM »
@lilygrobbo

Until the children become toddlers, then, the father can pretend that his wife is a for-free nanny...that he dislikes.
Actually, with two toddlers, having the nanny and ex-wife could be handy for childcare if the father works.
Still, it must be annoying to see the ex around constantly.

Offline lilygrobbo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 04:45:36 AM »
Thank you so much to everyone that has helped me! I will try all of these and hopefully she leaves.
-Lilygrobbo

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »
Thanks for that @Candyd  wasn't sure if parents were auto assigned even if not in the active household.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything