Author Topic: Getting City Living Into My Game  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Getting City Living Into My Game
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:34:56 PM »
Hi, I'm having an awful time here (as usual w/EA/Origin) getting City Living to actually appear in my game. The last time I looked, it said that it was downloading, but now it does not appear at all. It's not in the list of games I can play. When I go to Origin and Sims 4 expansion packs, it says that this game is already in my Library and I click on the link, but the only game that shows up in my library is Sims 4 and nothing else! How do I get this thing in my library and into the game itself so I can play it?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Getting City Living Into My Game
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:04:59 PM »
Sorry if this seems silly but have you hopped into your game to see if San Myshuno is there in the world choice map? I find the latest version of Origin extremely unfriendly for users and tbh the only way I can see what expansion packs etc I have is now in-game. @MrsFlynn ?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »
I had the same problem. I right clicked on the title of the expansion pack in the origin your games menu. The option to repair or fix came up I clicked and the game installed.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 06:34:39 PM »
Playalot, no it does not appear at all. I will try your trick Ratchie. I agree, that EA is making this game more and more unfriendly. I honestly do not know if I'll continue in this one or not. They *say* it's to prevent hackers and thieves, but I have to say, that they are pushing the honest people out as well. In fact, when I tried to log in, it said that "my credentials were wrong." I just changed my pw 2 weeks ago!!!!! So their software "can't remember" for 2 weeks?? UGH!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »
Rachie, I looked in the My Game Library and the only thing it shows is Sims 4, period. It does not show anything else. My copy of GTW is a hard copy, but the base game is downloaded. That might be where one of the problems is. I right clicked on the base game, but there is no "repair" option.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:02:12 PM »
Hi Sonshine,

Let me get on the same page as you. *Snicker* If you've done all this already, please forgive the repeat.
To Repair Game:

1. Log into Origin using the username and password you used to purchase game.
2. You should find Sims 4 in your Games Library.
3. Right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. See Image

If that doesn't work you may need to install the pack yourself.

1. Click on Sims 4, scroll down under the Play button.
2. Click on the Extra Content Tab (See Image), and find City Living and click Install. See Image -- This should download and install the pack.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 01:10:22 AM »
Hi Mrs Flynn! I found the Extra Content, and found City Living pack, but there is no "install" button on it. Just a "play in origin" button. When I click on that, nothing happens. When I right click anywhere on the page, I have a reload option, but that also just reloads the page and I still cannot click on the "play in origin" button. I seem to have tons and tons and tons of problems w/EA all of the time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 01:26:13 AM »
I am happy to hear you were able to find City Living.  Does it say that it's already been installed? Like in the image below?

If so, jump into game. Load a Save. (How-To link here)

Go to the World Select Screen to see if you can see San Myshuno.
- Click the World Select Button in the upper left part of screen.

World Select Screen -

Does it show up like in the photo above, if so can you click on San Myshuno?

Again, sorry if some of this is a repeat or stuff you already know how to do. I just want to make sure we on the same page. It helps for better troubleshooting the issue. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 02:02:41 AM »
If the above doesn't work, you may need to uninstall/reinstall the Origin client. As it may be having issues.

Uninstall/Reinstall the Origin Client
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg431239.html#msg431239

As I read above you had previously mentioned you don't have the repair option when trying to right-click on Sims 4. And it sounds like Origin is acting odd.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 05:10:39 PM »
Well, I tried again a few min ago and this time there was a repair option so I clicked on it, and it went through and verified all of my games and I now have CL officially in my game. :)  Usually, by the time I get to my late night, I've done so much gaming on this comp that maybe I just need to reboot before trying anything major, lol. I'm good to go now. Thanks Mrs Flynn and everybody else!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 05:28:48 PM »
Yay!! I'm happy to hear it's working!! Yes. A reboot after a few or so hours of gameplay is very helpful!!