Author Topic: Switching to active household after edit town building failure.  (Read 2395 times)

Offline chellmewhy

• Nooboo
Okay, so let me just say in the begining: I tried everything suggested in forums for similar topics. Nothing helped.

I have one weird sim family for over 2 years I think, I play them almost every time I have a chance to pick the game up. I love them so much I made all of them stop aging at all so they remain as they are.

Recently I finally decided on throwing a wedding for two sims from the family (not related, don't worry) and I wanted to move them out but before doing so, I wanted to build them a house so I swapped to edit town and spent probably the last 3 weeks on and off making it ready for the couple.

It's finally done and I wanted to move them in but...

I can't choose my family as the active household at ALL.

Please, anyone, have pity on me and bring your marvelous ideas that could help me solve this problem because I'm out. And I don't imagine giving up on my lovely family...

I'm attaching pictures.

Nr. 1 - their household, it doesn't appear as active household.
Nr. 2 - can't move in another sim either, the house doesn't seem to be available.
Nr. 3 - the household appears to be "empty" on overview
Nr. 4 - the sims are DEFINITELY still there when I go to build on that lot straight from edit town!
Nr. 5 - even Bonehilda is still working her bony butt off cleaning the house up

Additional info that might be important:

I use plenty of NRAAS mods but never had problems with any of them before. I also have a lot of custom content but didn't install any new lately, apart from one body slider about a week ago (though I already tried running the game with it uninstalled and it didn't fix the issue).

Also, during the wedding I had to screw around a little by switching between households using nraas master controller to get guests come over to an island (didn't realize previously that I can't throw a public party on a hidden island. Later found out I could have just switched their main lot to be the island instead of their home and did that. Initially thought that was what caused the problem but I actually played a couple days back on their home lot (the terrarium tower) before deciding to move them out.

I'm desperate for help.  :-[

edit: I'm on patch 1.67.2

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Switching to active household after edit town building failure.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
You didn't say what you've tried, here's some tips to try:

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

If that doesn't seem to help. Save the family and their house and try a factory reset and then test-play them in a new game. If all works better I keep with them in a new game.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

How To: Save a Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

How To: Save a House/Community Lots
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791

Create a New Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401813#msg401813
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chellmewhy

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:42 PM »
Thank you for all these links but I don't think that's any use for me :( The family is in the house physically (like in the picture) but it is not approachable in any way (like I can use other sims to talk to them but I cannot pick any game options - no eviction, moving, even saving the family to the bin because their house is grayed out as if it's empty while it isn't.)

Like the picture above show. The red circle is their house.

As from what I tried: I tried:
- resetting sims,
- deleting content I installed lately (that one slider)
- moving all of my mods out of the game bin and into a back up folder and running the game without any of them
- moving a different sim onto the lot in an attempt to "merge" (they just disappeared and where they stood only fairy wings appeared out of nowhere, even though only one person is a fairy)
- bulldozing the lot but instead of asking me if I want to evict a family first, it just straight out deleted the whole lot and the family didn't pop up in the "inventory"
- using a different sim to access the house, add them to this sim's family by master controller (that worked in a way, even though I would have to repurchase the lot, but the problem was I could find only adult sims, both dogs, a child and twin toddlers were nowhere to be found at all)

Nothing worked.
Once again, I haven't tried evicting/merging/copying the family because the game completely doesn't acknowledge the fact that they are there and doesn't give me these options.

The only thing I have on my mind that I haven't tried yet was going back to an old save file I have. But it's from over a month ago and while I don't mind losing progress on their life as much as I worry about not getting them back ever, I REALLY don't want to give up on the house I built.
Maybe I could do that... But I have no clue how to save a house and not have it deleted when I swap the file to the old, back upped one.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »
Have you considered saving the new house you built in the glitched file into the bin and then going back to the month old file and insert the house in edit town while you're playing with your family?  I've built dozens of houses and community lots I don't want to give up, so I've save them all to the bin.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »
If you do decide to go back to a previous save. You can save the house.

Here's the link to do that:

How To: Save a House/Community Lots
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791

The only thing I have on my mind that I haven't tried yet was going back to an old save file I have. But it's from over a month ago and while I don't mind losing progress on their life as much as I worry about not getting them back ever, I REALLY don't want to give up on the house I built.
Maybe I could do that... But I have no clue how to save a house and not have it deleted when I swap the file to the old, back upped one.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline chellmewhy

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »
Thank you, I'll try this as soon as I'm off work week and have a moment to launch the game.

Please don't lock the topic yet before I get my family back, I wouldn't want to spam forum with new topics if another issue arises. Thanks!

anything