Author Topic: Can I move a bunch of sims to a new town AND keep their relationships intact?  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Dashaque

• Nooboo
So you know that problem that a lot of sims 3 players run into where the town screen freezes when loading?  I get that a lot... Even got it on my old computer but I was hoping with my new one which is well over the specs for this game, would solve that.

Now first off, before you suggest it it's NOT due to custom content.  I've tried loading up with and without, and even removing all my custom content temporarily and it did NOT solve the issue.  I also deleted all the caches and while I feel it did make the load time faster, it still froze.  Usually it takes anywhere from 3 to 20 minutes to load the town.  It just seems to happen when I play a town a lot, and it's really annoying.  Other towns will load up just fine. 

Normally what I do to "fix" this problem is take all the families I care about, bin them, and move them all to a new town... but this causes them to lose all their relationships with one another so what I'm wondering... is there a way to like.. stop that from happening?  I mean if I have to use Master Controller to reset all relationships I guess I have to, but it'd be nice if there was a way to avoid that.  Just wondering if that was possible.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
In what town do your sims live ?
Do you have Overwatch and ErrorTrap installed ?
Have you reset the town with MasterController ?
If you want to move a very large number of sims and keep their relationships, Porter is the mod you need.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I've had this happen a few times (town screen freezes when loading) specially when I'd play on my older computer or older game saves. A factory reset would solve the issue or me.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401814.html#msg401814

What I've found that was happening is the game itself had become corrupt due to playing it a long time. In my case it was due to playing on the same save for over 6 months to a year or something had just glitched in game causing it to become corrupt.

Sometimes if it was a shorter period of time taking the saved game into a new Sims 3 folder would help solve the issue and I'd be able to keep family/friends relationships.

Definitely try what Candy suggested - Nraas Porter - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter if you have a large family or many families that you want to move over to a new game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Dashaque

• Nooboo
I've had this happen a few times (town screen freezes when loading) specially when I'd play on my older computer or older game saves. A factory reset would solve the issue or me.

Okay but would it freeze for ALL the towns or just one?  Also I did a factory reset a few weeks ago to try to solve another issue and this one persisted but maybe I'll try again. 

EDIT
nope, factory reset does not solve the problem.

Anyways, thanks for the link to the mod, I'll give it a shot :D

EDIT 2:  Oh and yes to having all those mods installed but I didn't try resetting the town... I think I'm just going to move them though, I don't want to reset the town and have to wait another 20 minutes for the town to load if it doesn't work

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
No, it would only freeze on the old game save. However, I do remember my game having issues when trying to play a new game in same folder that the old game save was in. That's why I had recommended a factory reset.

Have you tried a new game in the new Sims 3 folder without the saved games and/or families installed? - Curious to know if you still have problems without them installed.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Dashaque

• Nooboo
Yes I said I did the factory reset and it didn't make a difference.  Only THAT town would freeze, the others would load up just fine which is why I want to move them to another town.  And I did with porter... and it took the town 20 seconds to load instead of 10 minutes afterwards... so I think I will do this from now on... thank you for suggesting it. 

anything