Author Topic: Sims aren't Woohooing, Trying for Baby, Flirting or Dating  (Read 2789 times)

Offline mrkylepants

• Nooboo
Sims aren't Woohooing, Trying for Baby, Flirting or Dating
« on: March 01, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »
After not playing my sims game for a while, I recently opened my game and now I'm back, full-force, obsessed. I started a game where I wanted to progress through a sims life, and continue the lineage for a while.
However, once I tried to date another sim, I couldn't use the Flirt action. All of the other actions seemed to work, but not Flirt. The sims would stand face-to-face, and almost debug, going stiff, and then cancel all of the tasks I sent them to do after Flirting.
Then, tonight, I wanted to have them go on a date, and nothing was working. Neither the phone nor clicking on the sim directly got them to go on a date. And neither WooHoo nor Try For Baby work now, either. But every other romantic action works. It's just those four that don't work.
Other than that, my game runs smoothly. I've been trying to root this problem out with extensive google searching for almost two hours now. Any ideas?
(I have a lot of cc, and I know that's usually the root of the problem, except I'm on a Mac, and there's no easy way to go through it all. I did go through it recently, because my game was quitting on me.)
I've updated to the most recent update of the game. I have the City Living expansion pack. I'm not sure if that could've affected anything, but the problem started when I downloaded it.
After a different suggestion, I tried "repairing" my game, to no avail. Both of the sims are Adults, and they're engaged. The only script mod I have in-game is the MC Command Center, which was added after the problem had begun.
Help!

Offline hugeboote

• Nooboo
Re: Sims aren't Woohooing, Trying for Baby, Flirting or Dating
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:29:54 AM »
After not playing my sims game for a while, I recently opened my game and now I'm back, full-force, obsessed. I started a game where I wanted to progress through a sims life, and continue the lineage for a while.
However, once I tried to date another sim, I couldn't use the Flirt action. All of the other actions seemed to work, but not Flirt. The sims would stand face-to-face, and almost debug, going stiff, and then cancel all of the tasks I sent them to do after Flirting.
Then, tonight, I wanted to have them go on a date, and nothing was working. Neither the phone nor clicking on the sim directly got them to go on a date. And neither WooHoo nor Try For Baby work now, either. But every other romantic action works. It's just those four that don't work.
Other than that, my game runs smoothly. I've been trying to root this problem out with extensive google searching for almost two hours now. Any ideas?
(I have a lot of cc, and I know that's usually the root of the problem, except I'm on a Mac, and there's no easy way to go through it all. I did go through it recently, because my game was quitting on me.)
I've updated to the most recent update of the game. I have the City Living expansion pack. I'm not sure if that could've affected anything, but the problem started when I downloaded it.
After a different suggestion, I tried "repairing" my game, to no avail. Both of the sims are Adults, and they're engaged. The only script mod I have in-game is the MC Command Center, which was added after the problem had begun.
Help!
Are you using mods? Sounds like the common issue when mods or stuffs been added to your game via you.  The only thing that has helped me personally,  turning off mods. My game plays flawlessly when I don't have anything outside of maxis downloaded.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
All mods (just about) needed updating after the patch that brought toddlers. Sounds like your mods need to be updated so head back to the creators site and download the latest version.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »
Help!
Are you using mods? Sounds like the common issue when mods or stuffs been added to your game via you.  The only thing that has helped me personally,  turning off mods. My game plays flawlessly when I don't have anything outside of maxis downloaded.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Games have plenty of bugs with or without mods. Most modders are careful enough to upload tested and safe stuff only. Some mods are even bug fixes, a well known example is Overwatch for the Sims 3, it's rescued thousands and thousands of dysfunctional Sims 3 saves. I've uploaded a mod including a bug fix myself (Improved reactions to aliens) and have another not published that contains multiple bug fixes. Many modders are dedicated to creating bug fixes, some even do only bug fixing.
As long as mods are up-to-date, tested by their creator and checked to not conflict with other mods, bugs caused by them are rare. Most mods are perfectly fine and safe. And many creators offer support if their mod has issues. Personally, I do, and after currently about 10000 downloads and plenty of feedback I haven't had a single report of a malfunctioning mod I've made. What you're doing (I've seen that all your posts are just saying "mods are bad") isn't nice to modders. Please don't demonize all mods just because you probably experienced a problem related to an outdated or conflicting mod. Thank you in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »
You stated this started happening -before- adding the mod? The only thing I can think of is that it maybe due to outdated custom content and/or mods.

I've read that MC Command Center was updated rather quickly after the toddler patch. But it maybe worth making sure that you've downloaded the latest version of the mod.

Go through your custom content little by little to see what is causing the problems.

Problems with CC or Mods? How to Fix!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

[Mod Related] Can't try for baby, woohoo, propose, etc.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Can-t-try-for-baby-woohoo-propose-etc/td-p/5914047
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything