Author Topic: Buying The Sims 4 - Discs  (Read 2053 times)

Offline RoseGold

• Nooboo
Buying The Sims 4 - Discs
« on: February 28, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »
I'm new to the sims franchise and plan to buy all of the sims 4 expansion and stuff packs along with the base game. However, I'm not sure how it'll go. Does it take longer to download from the discs than digitally downloaded? Will I have to put in a disc from a certain pack in order to have the packs included stuff and lots in the game while playing? Or will I just need to run each of the discs once, install, and not have to worry about it when I play the game with the things already in there? Hopefully, you'll be able to understand what I was trying to ask. I just don't want to end up regretting it and wasting money.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Buying The Sims 4 - Discs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »
Depending on where you are from the "disc" version will most likely be a box with a game code in it and can be downloaded from Origin.

See the post below for more details:

Sims 4 Game and Stuff packs are digital download only (PC & Mac)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25383.msg430174#msg430174

Origin has been going the way of digital downloads with their games since about 2015, if I remember correctly.

You have to have an Origin account to open and play the game. The game and stuff packs will also need to be downloaded via Origin.

Depending on where you purchased the base game and packs, (any other place than Origin) you may need to redeem each game code so it can be added to your Origin account.

Redeem Game Codes in Origin
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RoseGold

• Nooboo
Re: Buying The Sims 4 - Discs
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:40:56 PM »
Thank you! :)

anything