Author Topic: Repairman not fixing anything?  (Read 4516 times)

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
Repairman not fixing anything?
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:32:48 PM »
So I'm playing a second generation family and whenever I call the repairman to fix something they don't fix it. They "show up" (you can't re-call them because they have been called already) and they only leave after a few hours saying that everything is in working order. However, they don't fix the broken item. The repairman worked fine for the first generation and I haven't moved lots (although I have downloaded a new house). Does anyone else have this issue?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Repairman not fixing anything?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
@vancanuckfan86 --- Welcome to the forum :)!

I have had that issue in the past, and it was annoying.  However, you could level up your Sims in the handiness skill, save up some money to simply replace the broken item or try again another day, and see if you have better luck with a different repairman.  My sims are all level 10 handiness now, but at first, I just had them replace broken items --- after the family had acquired enough income.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:18:25 AM »
Thank you for the welcome  :) @coolsim9999999

I have tried on multiple days and no such luck. Although I always get the same repairman so she must be stuck somehow. I do have them just replacing the items for now as I will have to do either that or repair them. I'm slightly ocd with the Sim storylines that I have going on in my head so this family doesn't currently have any Sims handy in this family. I know it sounds ridiculous but for some reason I find it very hard to diverge from the story going on in my head, lol  :P!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
You're welcome.  That's O.K.  I had my Sims replace items for the longest time, and it works well :).

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
If you have a vampire sim in your household, give him/her the Command perk, summon a random sim to the house and use "Command to Repair" on that sim; free repairman for you :D

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:54:08 PM »
Oddly enough - I loaded up the game today for the first time in a while and the repairman is working. No idea why it wouldn't work for a few weeks and now it suddenly works!

anything