Author Topic: Can't edit town as my sim is dying?  (Read 3044 times)

Offline mystic sloth

• Nooboo
Can't edit town as my sim is dying?
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
I killed off my boyfriend so I could try for a mermaid/ghost baby, but when I got the 'oh my ghost' opportunity and went to get him restored, they said it 'didn't work too well'. I've not done this before so I don't know if this is normal, but his urn is no longer in my inventory if that says anything. Anyway, now I can't go to edit town as 'a sim is dying'. I tried quitting and resetting the ghost sim, no luck.. He has disappeared completely, except that he's in the family portrait thumbnail in the game startup. Anyone know how to fix this?

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Can't edit town as my sim is dying?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
Did you take a look at the graveyard to see if his grave is at the mausoleum (manage the dead) ?
If not, and the gravestone seems gone, if you have masterController with the MasterController cheats module, find him in the townies list and intermediate - remove occult - dead by (reason of death). This should bring your ghost back to life as an ordinary townie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mystic sloth

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
Did you take a look at the graveyard to see if his grave is at the mausoleum (manage the dead) ?
If not, and the gravestone seems gone, if you have masterController with the MasterController cheats module, find him in the townies list and intermediate - remove occult - dead by (reason of death). This should bring your ghost back to life as an ordinary townie.
He's not there! I don't have the mod, but I'll download it and check, but for now he seems to be nowhere...

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:24:48 PM »
The msg you got that "it didn't work so good" is normal. What should happen though, is that he should become a playable ghost. Check on any comp and choose nraas/master controller/sim/status/personal/your bf's name starting w/the last name in alphabetical order. If he is in the town somewhere, he will show up and you can see his stats. If he doesn't show up at all in the list, then you will have to quit w/o saving to get him back.

anything