Author Topic: Origin automatic download - how do I stop it? *Fixed!!*  (Read 6586 times)

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
Origin automatic download - how do I stop it? *Fixed!!*
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »
Hi guys,

I've had this problem for a while now and have decided that I should deal with it because it is eating away at my Internet bill every month.

When I boot up my computer, Origin automatically wants to download the moment I connect to the Internet. I have gone out of my way not to download Origin and refuse to allow such a program on my computer. Last time I did I got patch 1.69 with automatic updates unchecked.

What I want to know is how do I stop the download from starting the moment I connect. I am sure there is an exe file or something somewhere that I can delete. Thoughts?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin automatic download---how do I stop it?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 09:25:54 PM »
Assuming you have Sims 3 and all it's expansions/stuff packs on disc. You can uninstall Origin using the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Origin

If you don't you can open Origin, go to Origin > Application Settings

Under Client Updates it has a couple features to turn off:

Automatic Game Updates
Automatically Update Origin

Under Start-Up Options turn off:

Automatically Start Origin
Origin Helper Service

Turning these features off will stop Origin from asking you all the time to update your Sims 3 game to patch 1.69, stop it from automatically updating itself and stop it from automatically starting when starting Windows.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
Aw Mrs Flynn you are always so good to me. Thank you for the speedy response. I will try it out and let you know how it goes!

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
Okay so I started my computer this morning and the download/update started again. I have come to the realization that it isn't because of Origin *technically*. It's the EA Download Manager. When my computer starts, EA Download Manager begins downloading updates. Anybody know how to stop this?

EDIT***

I just came across a post from another forum regarding the same issue. We can simply remove EADM from the start up using MSconfig. I will let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT AGAIN***

It worked!