Author Topic: Reverse name  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Emia

• Nooboo
Reverse name
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:08:55 PM »
With a lot of japanese name included in City Living, I noticed that they actually have family name first. Is it possible to add this naming convention to my family?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Reverse name
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:23:38 PM »
@Emia

Since City Living released, I have yet to encounter a sim with a Japanese name whose family name comes first.
All of the family names of the sims I (well, my sims) have encountered so far have their family name come last  (such as Ikeda, Yamamoto, Sakamoto, Shimizu, and Watanabe) with typical Japanese given names coming first (Masato, Nobuya, Ayaka, Genji, Akira, Sakura, etc.).

But if you want your sims' names to be family name first, you can change their names in CAS. For newborn nooboos, you just type in the family name in the upper row.
If you're absent when a nooboo is born, however, the game will automatically assign the second name as the family name.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Emia

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 01:56:34 AM »
Ah... my bad. I checked my acquaintance list, and found that they shared same first name. I encountered both sims at the same lot and time, thus I assume such. Sorry for this topic.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 02:43:56 AM »
Hey no worries @Emia It's all interesting reading. Don't know about you but since City Living I've had a lot of sims with the same name but completely unrelated and not even in the same household! It's a bit weird! 
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything