Author Topic: (Solved) Immortal sim, impossible to kill in any way  (Read 9805 times)

Offline numbuh4

• Nooboo
(Solved) Immortal sim, impossible to kill in any way
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:29:43 PM »
I have a sim that just can't die. There's nothing wrong with my game or save, other sims can die fine :P. Tried everything, drowning, starvation, cowplant, emotions, and after wasting my time and moving on to cheats/mods I realized he's just impossible to kill. I also tried to kill a girl before this guy and she just wouldn't starve. Now I think they're protected from dying because the girl I tried to kill is a waitress at a restaurant and the guy is a human statue in San Myshuno, they don't actually have careers but I think the game protects them because of these functions they have... Is there a way to unprotect them or something? The guy is a real moron and i just want him to rot and die, would be a lot cooler than just deleting him

EDIT: Just tried a few killings with Simocide... None of the sims I wasn't playing as died, but then when I added the same sims to my household with testingcheats they could die, EXCEPT the waitress girl...... Just pulls out a magic candy bar from nowhere to eat

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Immortal sim, impossible to kill in any way
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 06:35:34 PM »
There is a known bug with some of the sim in San Myshuno that they can not age. Basically if the sim has the hidden trait 'is weirdo' they do not age correctly. I'm wondering is the Living Statue also has this hidden trait.

I don't know of a work around so deleting him from the manage households menu might be your only option at this point.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »
The hidden trait "isLivingStatue" also makes Sims immortal. As for trying to starve a Sim, if they're not a member of your household, it can't happen, as they will leave the lot eventually even if locked in.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline numbuh4

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 04:04:12 AM »
Can you view a sim's hidden traits? I just added him to my household and tried Traits.Remove_trait isLivingStatue, still finds the magic candy bar
Also how did you find out about isLivingStatue? Nothing comes up when I google it

Offline numbuh4

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »
Ok so I just fixed it. I found a mod (Show/Search Sim Info Mod) and found out the trait is actually called trait_isStatueBusker. Removed it and he dies fine. Thanks both of you

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: (Solved) Immortal sim, impossible to kill in any way
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 04:31:21 PM »
Also, @oshizu informed me that a Sim not of the household can be starved to death, but you can't go with a Sim away from the lot. Sorry about isStatueBusker -- I knew it was something like that, just couldn't remember the name.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 06:22:47 PM »
Thanks for the link numbuh4 like MarianT I knew there was something dodgy about the tagged special NPCs from San Myshuno but I couldn't remember the details.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline numbuh4

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 08:33:34 PM »
No problem, maybe others with this problem will find this thread

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
I had this problem with a San Myshuno sim: Maki Maeda. She just WOULD NOT DIE. I tried everything. I cheated to give her every bad buff, locked her in a sauna room, manually aged her to elder, starved her... nothing worked. I couldn't find ANY info on it while I was playing her, but now I know.

Thanks for the info!!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!