Author Topic: Protests?  (Read 66774 times)

Offline care_stars

• Nooboo
Protests?
« on: November 06, 2016, 07:20:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time figuring out protests. I have a sim who wants to donate to a protest, but I can't find any happening. She, nor anyone in her household, in part of the political career. Can she still participate in a protest? Where do they happen?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Protests?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »
if you click on the ground your sim should have the option to start a protest ... if they don't then it will be because protests are tied to the political career. I thought that they were not.

Anyway, once your sim has chosen a cause (click on sim) then they can start a protest. Once protesting click on another sim and ask them to join (under friendly). The make your sim quit their protest and now you can donate to the protesting sim.

Now, my sim is currently in the Political career so this may only be, like you say, for sims in that career. If that is the case you have 3 options, cancel the whim or make your sim join the political career... or add a random sim to your household, make them join the political career and start a protest, fulfill your original sims whim and then move out the recently added sim.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline care_stars

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:10:51 PM »
I eventually kept an eye on the common area of the neighbourhood, and a protest happened to come along. I didn't see anything about being able to even know what the protest was about, but I was able to join it and to donate to it. Who knows what I was donating to. I still wasn't able to start a protest.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 03:27:21 AM »
I had to go to the gym to start a protest.  There is an area there with chairs and a podium so that must be the place for protests and speeches.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 05:26:13 AM »
@Joria is your sim in the Political Career?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »
In one of my games, yes.  In others no but that is where I've seen protests, or joined them, in all 3 test games.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 02:20:02 AM »
I must admit to being a bit confused over protesting.  Obviously my sim in the Political Career can easily pick a cause and start a protest, he can also ask other sims to join his protest.

My non political sim can not start a protest anywhere and yet the devs said this was possible. I don't get it, must be missing something obvious!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »
Donate to a protestor is one of the requirements for the new aspiration (tier 3 I think but not sure) They seem to be a bit random, but if a sim is out and about in San Myshuno they will eventually happen upon one. I can't really attest to the frequency of the protests because I play rotationally in my current game, so it's tough to track the timing.