Author Topic: Tearing/freezing? when moving camera  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Truio

• Nooboo
Tearing/freezing? when moving camera
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:21:27 PM »
Hi all!
I have this problem with the Sims 3: when i move the camera, i notice some -i'm not sure how to call it so i will go with- tearing, most noticeably when using the 3x speed.
While not game-breaking, this is a bit annoying for me and i've read many topics looking for a solution, without luck.

I own the game on Steam and it's a fresh installation, so far i only have one savegame for testing and it's maybe 30 minutes old at most.
I also own World Adventures, Ambitions, Supernatural and Seasons EP, and a single stuff pack.

I did follow your (wonderful) guide on how to add my graphic card to the game (GTX 750 Ti) and i think it looks a bit better, but the problem still exists.
This is most ridiculous because i clearly remember playing the Sims 3 on my pc (with an older graphic card) but not this problem.

Hoping to find some help here, thanks in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Tearing/freezing? when moving camera
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »
The only thing I can think of that might possibly help is changing the V-Sync settings. If you haven't already.

V-Sync Settings
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg426049#msg426049

If that doesn't help, you can try either running Sims 3 in compatibility mode or maybe an FPS Limiter. We don't have any experience with them as we've never needed to use them.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.