Author Topic: City Living and Gardening  (Read 22032 times)

Offline cktheodor

• Nooboo
Re: City Living and Gardening
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 10:58:01 PM »
Is anyone having an issue with gardening in City Living? My Sims are living in the penthouse and I placed planters on the balcony outside after harvesting from established garden with my main Sims, but I can't seem to get the Penthouse Sims to Tend Garden, water or anything really after planting. I do have a mod for faster evolve, I'll disable that and try again but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as well.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 11:02:36 PM »
@cktheodor --- Welcome to the forum :).  Which penthouse is it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cktheodor

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 11:06:40 PM »
It's the 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse. Turns out it must be my Mods for gardening. As soon as I disabled them I was able to garden. I'll check to see if they were updated in a few days. I use MTS Scumbumbo_evolveall_v6, MTS Scumbumbo_evolveall_v6_GTW, MTS Scumbumbo_evolveall_v6_OR, and MTS Scumbumbo_fastergardening_v5. My game updated today and I didn't bother checking for mods updates since they weren't disabled when I loaded the game.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 11:09:47 PM »
1 Torendi Tower Penthouse is my favorite penthouse in City Living.  I'm so glad that you went through your mods and were able to fix your gardening problem!  Everyone on this forum is here when you have a question :).

Offline rmac07

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »
Do I have to get the penthouse to be able to grow a garden, or is there another way (in the city living expansion pack)?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 09:44:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum. All plants (except the cowplant) can be grown in pots on balconies or even inside. Penthouses do not have actual soil so you still have to use the planters in them too. I've grown all plants in the smallest apartment in the Spice District (19 Cullpepper?) but it takes a bit of wrangling which gets much easier once your sim can splice and graft.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum. All plants (except the cowplant) can be grown in pots on balconies or even inside. Penthouses do not have actual soil so you still have to use the planters in them too. I've grown all plants in the smallest apartment in the Spice District (19 Cullpepper?) but it takes a bit of wrangling which gets much easier once your sim can splice and graft.
This is not quite accurate. The Sixam Mosquito Trap will not grow in a pot anywhere, but oddly enough I got one growing out side of a planter indoors on a regular wood floor. I do not know if this is a bug. Other then the Sixam Mosquito Trap and the Cow Plant any other plant will grow indoors or outdoors in a planter box.

The Fang Flower requires a large square planter box last I checked. I think the rest can go int the smaller round planters but only one plant, the large square planters can hold for non-tree sized plants or one tree sized plant. you can indeed grow every plant but the fabled Cow Plant with thought and splicing. With proper splicing I had a plant producing every kind of fruit in Four square planters, 4 round planter and Sixam Mosquito Trap on the floor of 2B Jasmine Suite. Of course not Cow Plant.

@rmac07 Welcome to the board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »
Very true scoed, thanks for reminding me about plants other than base game.  :) As you say though, those other plants can be spliced in so I just plant them somewhere else, a park or another sims house and manage them that way.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 11:23:12 PM »
You might be able to visit an empty lot, then drop some garbage in the middle of it. I don't think other Sims will be able to touch it. If you visit the lot enough, it should eventually sprout.