Author Topic: Finding family member's remains  (Read 2440 times)

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
Finding family member's remains
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:50:06 AM »

Hi all!

Kind of an odd question, but tried searching and didn't find what I was looking for, so I'm trying my go-to community...

My vampire sim had an affair with a woman while visiting Al Simhara, and later found out that she had a son as a result of said affair.  He traveled back to Al Simhara and rekindled the romance, got engaged, and began a good relationship with his son.  The very next day, he woke at base camp only to find out the bad news that his son had been electrocuted and died.

I went to the local cemetery, couldn't find a grave site, tried "Manage the Dead" at the local mausoleum, but there's no sign of his remains anywhere, and even his mother wasn't grieving or anything.  I kinda wanted to see if I could find the remains so that his son would haunt his home.

Has anyone had something like that happen and tried to find the remains?  Any ideas where I could look, or are they just gone?

Thanks!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: Finding family member's remains
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:52:44 AM »
I'm not sure if finding a missing tombstone that's not in the world is possible without a mod.

I'm guessing you already checked the inventories of everyone in the dead sim's household?  If not, try that.  It's a long shot, but possible.

If you are okay with using mods, NRaas Master Controller might be able to find remains if they exist.  I haven't done this in a long time, but I think you can also use either that or Debug Enabler to spawn a tombstone for a sim that doesn't have one.  I did that once a few years ago with a deleted tombstone in my legacy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 04:00:15 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, and I did check the mother's inventory and found the remains.
So, now the son is happily haunting his dead-beat, vampire dad.   :)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 12:24:53 PM »
Glad you found it! It's nice when it works out as an easy fix. :)

anything