Author Topic: will one of these run sims 3-  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Takart

• Nooboo
will one of these run sims 3-
« on: December 11, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »
will either of these computers run
sims 3
8 expansionns
8 stuff packs
5 worlds
and a ton of cc

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: will one of these run sims 3-
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »
Either pc will work fine in highest settings.

However with Sims 3, please keep in mind due to the game engine's quirks the game still suffers from micro-stutters and periodic slow downs. There is not a lot you can do to fix this.

Also the more content you add to the game, like custom content, game mods and store content the more the game will lag. This is due to the way the game handles additional content. Again, not much can be done to speed that up unfortunately. But it is far less noticeable on a desktop.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: will one of these run sims 3-
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 12:27:43 AM »
Hi there!

Just chiming in with the lovely @MrsFlynn, those computers could definitely run the Sims 3 on high!
BUT - I would encourage you to shop around. The price tag on those two are super high for PCs that aren't even the same quality of my own desktop I built (for about $1400 to build from scratch and it's a beasty computer, SSD, top of the line graphics card, motherboard).
I also just helped a fellow forum-goer buy a desktop for less than $1000 that could easily run the game on maxed settings with all expansions (thanks to the HP sale that was going on).

Either way, those computers definitely do work, but you could get something similar for a lot less money spent if that would be of interest to you!

anything