Author Topic: Can't assign known sims to party roles  (Read 6687 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Can't assign known sims to party roles
« on: December 16, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
This is just confusing! I have a Sim attempt to plan a dinner party social event and I'm simply unable to assign a household member as the Caterer (as in, he doesn't appear as an option), who has level 7+ in both cooking skills. Same thing with the mixologist and entertainer roles with their specific skills.

Is there some other requirement I'm missing to assign such Sims? I had only known one Sim able to be assigned and that was in an old save I don't have anymore.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Can't assign known sims to party roles
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 08:02:40 PM »
I think it's a bug. I am having the same issue. Sims from my household that I've hired before as caterers, bartenders and musicians no longer appear as options for party roles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:58:25 PM »
Here's a possible work-around :).

My main family's relatives live in different houses, and they have a level 10 in cooking/gourmet cooking, piano, violin, guitar, and mixology, and they may be hired for those roles.  So, if your Sim's extended family from other lots has any of the required skills, then, they may fill those roles during events.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »
@Junan

I've also been having this problem since the last patch. My sims can't hire any staf for their parties: caterer, mixologist, entertainer, or (there's one more role, I think, but I forgot...). The household knows many highly-skilled sims who could be hired, but no one is available.
So, I give my home chef the "Always Welcome" trait, then make the household sims cook, mix drinks, and so on.

When I try to hire a mixologist, for example, the Staff Hiring menu looks like this:

Grrr.... *shakes fist