Author Topic: Collection disappearing?  (Read 4715 times)

Offline adrianna

• Nooboo
Collection disappearing?
« on: December 19, 2016, 04:16:01 PM »
My sims had completed the gardening collection, and the elements. Randomly I just looked and neither collection is complete. My sim also had collected 17 types of fish and shes now down to 4... I haven't even closed the game since those collections were complete... does anyone know what would cause this and how I can get it back?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Collection disappearing?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »
If it is the items that are missing there are completed collections on the gallery that you could download. This would also solve the problem if it is the actual collections inventory that has somehow been deleted as when you place the collections items back into your sims inventory the game will detect it and so register the item as part of the collection.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline adrianna

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
What do you mean? Download from the gallery?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:57:41 PM »
You can download rooms from the Gallery that contain completed collections.

Guide to Using the Gallery (Click)

A post on the Australian official Forum showing all the rooms and collections this simmer has. (Click)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »
@adrianna   Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have your problem occasionally, but not always, when I move a sim out of the active household.
When I move a sim from the active household into another existing household, my collections stay intact (usually).
When I move a sim out by creating a new household, my game seems to think the collections go with that sim.

To be honest, I haven't figured this out 100%. When it happens, I lose collections, career reward objects, and career outfits.
Did you have a sim recently move out?

If what I describe has nothing to do with your scenario, please ignore. *makes a cheesy grin

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:41:32 PM »
What do you mean? Download from the gallery?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
When you open your Sims 4 game, you will see some icons in the top right of the screen.  The second one looks like 2 photos, and when you scroll over that icon, it will say "open the gallery."  Click on that icon, and you will enter the gallery (which is called "community.") 

The other 2 tabs you will see (on either side of community are "home" and "my Library." 

My library is where your saved lots or rooms go (click on a room in any of your lots to save the room to your library.  Then upload it to the gallery by pressing the "cloud" shaped blue button.

The gallery is where players may upload their lots, rooms or Sims so that everyone who plays the game may download or favorite your work. 

"Home" is where you may see what players have downloaded that you uploaded to the gallery, your profile and your catalog.  Just click on your Origin ID in orange to access your catalog.

I have a fish collection in the gallery, which is called "Fish Collection"  It is from 6/20, and it's a large or extra large room, which is worth §18,297.  It has 30 fish.
My Origin ID is cat315118

Offline adrianna

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
@oshizu I think it might be due to a household change. I was considering moving my sims' adult children into an apartment but I couldn't find one I liked so I put them back in the main household. That's when I noticed the issue.

@coolsim9999999 Thanks, I honestly never noticed that the gallery had rooms, I download houses all the time :p

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.