Author Topic: Can't move sims into houses at all - in uni and at home  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
Can't move sims into houses at all - in uni and at home
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:40:51 AM »
For some reason, I'm not able to move my sim family into a home when I go to university. I decided that I wanted to pursue a degree to make more money, but when I go to uni, the check mar is present once I choose a place, but then it grays out and I'm just stuck with the screen there and having to shut my PC down.
I then thought that maybe it's because I'm in Isla Paradiso, so I tried to move to another town, Bridgeport, but faced the same issue with the check mark. I then tried the "save as" option, using a new name but still have the issue. When I got fed up, I tried to use the same family, which I had saved to the bin, to start a new game, but alas, still had the same issue. Lastly, I tried to start a new game with a new family, since I then thought that maybe my family is glitched (?) but, again, faced the same issue.
I do have some CC installed and a mod ('pregnancy 21 days with leave' specifically). I didn't have this issue with another saved family of attending uni and moving; in fact, I had a sim attend uni to earn a degree (Rubisel Ichtaca with sims I created prior to moving in with him).
For further context, I just had to start all over with that same family over a week ago, because they randomly disappeared after getting an error message when I tried saving progress. Luckily, I had them saved to the bin from when I first created them (nevertheless, I was still devastated 8 months of hard work, having two toddlers & adopting a pet, disappeared).

I literally have no idea what else to do or think, because I'm up here with my frustration, even though I just want a crummy degree to boost my sims' pay in their careers.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't move sims into houses at all - in uni and at home
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 05:18:10 AM »
It sounds like your having some crashing issues. Try the tips in the post linked below to see if they help.

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

Along with the tips above, you may want to try to load the game without custom content and mods. - Just in case these maybe part of the problem.

Open the launcher, and click the Installed Content tab, and check Run without custom content. Also move your Mods folder to your desktop or outside of your \Documents\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3 folder.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
It sounds like your having some crashing issues. Try the tips in the post linked below to see if they help.

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

Along with the tips above, you may want to try to load the game without custom content and mods. - Just in case these maybe part of the problem.

Open the launcher, and click the Installed Content tab, and check Run without custom content. Also move your Mods folder to your desktop or outside of your \Documents\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3 folder.

Thank you very much! I'll try~

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 12:47:57 AM »
It worked like a charm! Thanks!