Author Topic: Need to use an app to open Sims 3?  (Read 3655 times)

Offline MissKuku

• Nooboo
Need to use an app to open Sims 3?
« on: December 09, 2016, 02:01:13 AM »
Whenever I try to open the Sims 3 on my PC, it says 'You'll need a new app to open this origin'
I go to the store, but there is no results for origin.
Anyone know what's happening?? Thank you!

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
Re: Need to use an app to open Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »
You probably misunderstood and the game is telling you to download Origin (not an app) which is something similiar to steam, it just hosts EA titles and is a lot, lot worse than steam. However, if you bought a physical copy the game will usually prompt you to log into origin during installation. You'll need to register a free account to register the serial key etc. After that you should be able to play the game offline from origin.

Origin
https://www.origin.com/store/download

However, if the game after installation still wants you to use origin you can do a couple of things

1. In the settings of the game untick the online options from the community tab
2. In the root installation location, find a file called TS3W.exe. Right click it and choose to make a shortcut to desktop. Launch the game using that shortcut. This'll bypass the launcher, which usually helps with any third party programs trying to force you to log in before playing.
Blob.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »
If you have the Origin download version of the game, you do need Origin to play the game. Like Loconut mentioned it isn't an app. It's a game client a lot like what Steam has for players to play games through Steam.

You can't use TS3W.exe to bypass the launcher. They took out this option in late 2015 or early 2016. They also made it to where you -need- to have Origin open to play the game. However, you can login and play the game offline.

Login with Username and password and go to "Origin" and then choose "Go Offline".

Run Sims 3 without Origin
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Run-Sims-3-without-Origin/td-p/1957563/page/2
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 06:16:44 PM »

You can't use TS3W.exe to bypass the launcher. They took out this option in late 2015 or early 2016. They also made it to where you -need- to have Origin open to play the game. However, you can login and play the game offline.

Login with Username and password and go to "Origin" and then choose "Go Offline".

Oh really? You can still do this with the steam version, didn't know this.
Reasons to never buy anything off of origin, lol
Blob.