Author Topic: Playing Households in Different Worlds  (Read 6089 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Playing Households in Different Worlds
« on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »
1 May I play households in multiple worlds in TS3, and how do I go between them --- or may I only play one world at a time?

2 What would happen to the family that I created in Sunset Valley? 

I really like their lot, as well as Sunset Valley, itself.  I also have aging off, so unless there's an accidental death, then, they'll be immortal --- after I get enough death flowers.

If my family in Sunset Valley would get deleted, then, I think that I'd like to just have the base game with some stuff packs.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Playing Households in Different Worlds
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:58:53 PM »
I don't play rotationally, I play 1 household per game save file. However, there maybe mods that help with this. I am not familiar with such mods.

I don't think it's possible to play households in multiple worlds in Sims 3. That's more of a feature of Sims 4. Although there might be mods (?) that can help with this as well.

You can move your family between towns/worlds by using the move town feature.

Moving to a New Town
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26387.msg440681#msg440681

If you're worried that you'll loose your family. You can give them their own save file by using Save as, give name like SV-Baker-01. This is the way I save my games. Town initials, Family last name or initials if too long of a last name. And what save I'm on. As I make several backups in case they're needed later.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »
Go to edit town and you can place any household into your library or export it. You can export it with the house or without. There is almost no loss of data. Only things such as wishes and relationships with other households are lost in the process. It's really not like the Sims 2, for example. With the Sims 3, you can keep almost all your data. There are even mods such as Porter that allow exporting several households at once in order to keep relationships between them. But even without mods, you can easily export households.
You can have as many saves as you want. So you can play the same family in different towns. You also can duplicate a save, which you can do from time to time to prevent data corruption (which is a common problem in the Sims 3). Just be careful about your number of saves in the main menu. If you have several dozen saves, you may want to make a backup so only a few saves show up in main menu. Because the more saves are in main menu, the longer your game will load.

How To: Save a Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

How To: Save a House/Community Lot
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791

How To: Save Sims 3 Files From the Library
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20751.msg380782#msg380782

There is a potion that deactivates aging for 40000 lifetime happiness points. So if you want, your main family won't age while neighbors will age.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 10:36:58 PM »
@MrsFlynn and @Candyd --- Thanks a lot for explaining how to save a family more effectively, so I can move them to a different town.  I will add the town's initials to my saves.  Right now, I've saved my last save as Kelly 26, so if I add SV in front of that, then, it will be obvious.  Thanks for the links.  They will be very helpful.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:19:55 AM »
Since you may not play households in multiple worlds in TS3 --- just one world at a time, I’ve decided to stick with the base game.

I really like my Sims’ lot, as well as Sunset Valley, itself.  I also have aging off, so unless there's an accidental death, then, they'll be immortal --- after I get enough death flowers.
I think that I'd like to just have the base game with some stuff packs, since I would have to move them.  My favorite parts of TS3 are openworld, drivable cars and toddlers.  I’ll still have questions though.  Thanks so much for your help so far, everyone! 

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
There are mods that allow you to travel between different worlds if you have world adventures (since that expansion pack introduced the whole traveling)

Your families won't get deleted if you install an expansion pack, you don't even have to change the world if you don't want to. Expansion packs excluding Island Paradise offer content you can access in every world, provided you have the community lots for the activities that need them (for example, bars and night clubs in late night, and all expansion based community lots will be avaivable in the community lot bin in world editor) .If you got pets, you'd be able to get pets in sunset valley too. Or with supernatural, story progression will automatically convert some townies into supernatural sims ( you can turn this off too) and you can add an elixir shop yourself into the game. Even Island Paradise's content can be accessed in other worlds, it's just a tedious progress so I wouldn't recommend it. Some expansions don't even add a new world, like generations or seasons or world adventures (WA comes with vacation worlds), since they're more focused on filling other aspects of the game. I myself love building the different community lots into the worlds I play in to suit the world's architecture, my favourites being the medieval Dragon Valley and the nordic Aurora Skies (I'm from scandinavia so it feels the most homey to me haha).

But even if you wanted to move you'd still keep every item in your sims inventory & family ties, granted you take the remains of all deceased sims with you. However if you happened to have a sim with a best friend or extended family that relationship would be lost, unless you moved them in with your main family first. Whenever I have to move my Legacy to a new town I wait on all older generations to die and then move the whole extended family in with the heir and grab all urns, lol.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »
@Loconut --- Thanks for your explanation about how different worlds can be incorporated into Sunset Valley :). I didn't think of that.  It's something to consider.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
As Loconut said, you can use Traveler to set other worlds as vacation worlds, if you have World Adventures or other EPs that allow sims to travel. Not only that, but if you also have MasterController installed, and preferably Overwatch to keep your game clean, you can connect different worlds in a same save and play one or more active household(s) per world, and all can visit each other. This way you can have a large family living in different worlds but they won't be truly separated like in vanilla sims 3. It allows fully functional rotational play and your sims can travel anywhere !

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »
@Candyd --- That sounds great.  My husband is a computer guy, so, I'll ask him if my computer has  MasterController installed, and preferably Overwatch, installed. 

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
If ever you need it, ask and I'll post a tutorial with the full method. (It's a bit long and technical so I'll take time to take a few screenshots if it can help)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »
@Candyd --- Thanks a lot.  I'll ask if I get eps.  Pictures would definitely help :)!

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
@Loconut --- Thanks for your explanation about how different worlds can be incorporated into Sunset Valley :). I didn't think of that.  It's something to consider.

No problem! Before I got DV or Aurora Skies in my game I would not play in any other world than appaloosa plains (came with pets, it's a rural town with a fall themed landscape, very pretty) but got to acess all content as long as I built or placed the required content. Expansion packs like ambitions, even though they have their own world, are building on top of the base game's content, so they're very easy to enjoy in any world. Generations actually works best in sunset valley, because there's a bug with combined rabbitholes that came with other expansion packs (combined hospital-school buildings etc) so in order for your sims to go to their kids recitals etc you'd end up placing the school from sunset valley into the world you were playing in anyway (which is a shame, some of the combined rabbitholes have very lovely architechture)
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 05:55:43 PM »
@Loconut --- That's good to know.  Thanks for even more information about using different worlds from different eps, and what you have to place again in each world.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »
@Loconut --- That's good to know.  Thanks for even more information about using different worlds from different eps, and what you have to place again in each world.

No problem, I own Island Paradise/Late Night / World Adventures / pets / Supernatural / Ambitions / Generations / Seasons so if you have any questions regarding any of those feel free to ask.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »
@Loconut --- Thanks a lot for offering to help :)!  I really appreciate it.