Author Topic: Repo Man  (Read 3122 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Repo Man
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:14:29 AM »
My TS3 Sims met the repo man for the first time tonight :o --- even though they can certainly afford to pay their bills.  The sound when he arrives is so weird, and then, that suction hose thing just sucks up your stuff.  I think he just got the TV, one dresser with a clock on it and a few overhead lights.  Then, the sneaky dude just crept off my Sims' property and ran into his truck.

That was quite a scene to watch!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Repo Man
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:44:29 PM »
Remember to pay  your bills in the future. When the bills are overdue, you should get a popup in the upper right corner saying "last day to pay the bills." If you ignore the bills after that, then the repo man comes. You might also want to get an alarm in case the thief comes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:17:20 AM »
@Sonshine --- Thanks --- I got too involved in skilling up my Sims, so I forgot to have them pay the bills :-[!  I have burglar alarms and fire alarms.  That was a few real days ago, so now, I'm more cognizant of pop-ups now :).  At least the Repo Man didn't take too much, and I figured out what was missing.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 09:19:41 AM »
It can be easy to miss those popups if you're using fast speed a lot.

One time I had a household that I forgot to pay the bills with.  They were only about $1000 or so, but the repo man took their car which was originally something like $40-50k.  Now that's what I call a late fee!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 11:45:02 AM »
@Cheezey --- Wow!  He took their car ??? --- and only for bills that were about §1,000!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »
Wow Cheezy! In my experience, they usually take something that is equal the amount of the bills. I'm sure though, that you did not owe 40k in bills!!!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
The car repo happened to me in the very early days of the game, before World Adventures came out. It's possible the repo man was something that didn't work as intended back then but was later fixed in a patch, kind of like how before the first patch, you could try for baby with Grim.  (Something I never knew you could do, but was shocked to see that they fixed when I read the patch notes.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 08:21:40 PM »
The Repo Man only took about §2,000, but that's about how much my Sims' bills were.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 02:37:21 AM »
I've only ever seen the repo man once in ts3 so far, but thank gosh it's not nearly as creepy as it was in ts1 or ts2 :D

If you're finding it hard to keep track on notifications you can always turn memories off (the tiny screenshots and the text "sim x just had their first kiss" etc). I think I turned them off after maybe a week of playing, since the messages got quite repetitive and I'm an avid screenshotter so I had my own memories, lol. Disabling memories cleans up the UI a lot, and it improves performance as well. It makes it easier to notice the important ones...Like the notifications that there is a fire on your lot :D
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 02:40:24 AM »
Thanks, @Loconut.  I will notifications you can always turn memories off.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 02:57:45 AM »
Thanks, @Loconut.  I will notifications you can always turn memories off.
I didn't quite understand ?
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 03:19:02 AM »
@Loconut --- I cut and pasted your quote by accident after what I wrote...oops :).

What I meant to say is that I will turn off notifications --- so that I know for sure when bills are due or fires start, etc.

I'm glad the repo man isn't as creepy as in TS1 or TS2.