Author Topic: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue --- Solved!  (Read 8959 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 05:35:43 PM »
My Sims have always been able to use their computer desks with all of those things on their desks.

However, I will try taking  the §600 pink flowers away.  That' all I used MOO for.  As you can see from this screenshot, I've started to play TS3 this week.  I got a green Plumbob light for TS4!

I did not use MOO for the flowers on the desks (I just checked.).  However, I did use MOO for the flowers on the hall tables, so I replaced them with the §450 pink flowers because those vases are slightly smaller than the more expensive ones.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »
Even with the new vases, which did not require MOO, my Sim still could not do her programming --- she even had a whim to hack something, and then, she said she couldn't get to her computer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »
I would try clearing everything off the desks except the computers and then picking them up in buy mode and setting them back down. Since the last patch, some items are very fiddly as far as placement and usage. For example, if my Sims bake a cake and set it on the counter, they can't put birthday candles on it unless I pick it up in buy mode and set it back down so that it snaps onto the center of the counter. That was never an issue for me before.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue --- Solved!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 12:01:22 AM »
I play tested all of the different combinations of what was or wasn't on my Sims computer desks.

Finally, I had to remove all of the Exercution Executive Desk Thrones from all computer desks, as well as from chess tables and card tables (32 chairs, in all --- 16 computers with all upgrades).

I also had to remove 14 Smptuous Floral Fantasy Arrangements from each adult computer desk.  The children's 2 computer desks had different flowers.  It is fine to keep Smptuous Floral Fantasy Arrangements on an end table, coffee table, hall table or dresser, etc.

Instead, my Sims are using the §185 comfort 3 swivel desk chairs, as well as at their chess tables and card tables and the vase of pink or blue §450 flowers on their computer desks.

My Sims have full autonomy and all of the doors are open, and they are able to hold their 2 programming work homework clubs (8 members in each club --- so their extended family can do their programming work homework, too.

The 2 children can sit at their computers in the children's computer room and go on Simpedia.

Therefore, this is what I ended up with:

close up of a computer station

Thanks @Playalot, @MrsFlynn , @Rangervegas and @reggikko for helping :)!

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
Re: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue --- Solved for Now!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »
I'm glad you finally found a solution for it. I have had the same thing happen in a much simpler format with using a computer at a desk and some other things that require either the sim or the item to be positioned at a specific location. It could be something as simple as using those Executron chairs since they are a carer unlock for adult sims perhaps programming for children was never fully tested for usability. As I said i've had strange problems with getting sims to use computers at a desk sometimes, so I tend to minimize items on the desk as much as possible, perhaps having one or two collectible items that add to focus or some other mood to make them happier sitting at the desks.

It seems kind of silly if it's that vase you are talking about, I mean I understand from game terms each item has it's own "personal space" and most things do not allow sims to pass thru them, or having that item intersect another items personal space can cause issues. But I suppose they couldent have been able to program every object in the game to know weather it's going to interfere or not interfere with a sim using other objects.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue --- Solved!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:13 PM »
@Rangervegas --- Thanks a lot.  I am glad that I can play that family again, without any issues.  That chair looked so nice with those desks, but I know that it's a career reward.  However, it was fine for a long time.  That vase of flowers is bigger and wider than the size down that is almost as nice.  I agree that Sims need something on their computer desks to help them with their task.  Each Sim has 2 science awards with the focused aura on to enable them to main very focused, or at least, focused while they do their programming.