Author Topic: A very special help request.  (Read 1718 times)

Offline TheCallOfScaryStuf

• Nooboo
A very special help request.
« on: October 05, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »
Hi everyone. New to the board. I kept looking for info on my TS3 game and it kept leading me here.
Ok. So, the situation is this. I am playing TS3 and trying to create a ghost town.

(Full details: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Most_of_You_will_probably_be_horrified)

Of course, I'm using every cheat imaginable because without them, this would be taking a crazy-long-time.

My primary family always stays, but even if I tend and tend and tend to a family with ghosts (like...make sure everyone has a job, starts their job, begins work on skills "knows everybody", interacts, goes to the spa, has a car (or 2), has money etc...I still can't get the ghost families to stay!

(I'm also have a separate problem in getting large families to stay once I've gone into their households. (Like...the Bunch family...I killed them all, got the OhMyGhost, revived them all, tended, even had the Mr and Mrs Bunch get remarried and have a new ghost baby, left them with a living relative...they still move out....I tried them same thing with an entirely new family (but didn't kill them) same effect!

(It seems to have something to do with the 'change active household' but that can't be right, right? I mean...isn't the game designed to play multiple (even all the) families in town?)

Is there any other way I can try to get ghosts and keep them?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: A very special help request.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:36:14 PM »
Hi, it sounds like the game is culling these families out. Have you tried using NRAAS Story Progression mod? It takes care of the background "story" far better than EA's story progression. Other than that, for turning all other sims into ghosts, have you tried editing all of them in CAS? NRAAS also has a Master Controller mod that makes this easy. Once you have the sim in CAS, on the basic, just select ghost instead of human and then select what type of ghost you want. I recently did a ghost town and none of the families were culled.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheCallOfScaryStuf

• Nooboo
Re: A very special help request.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:57:30 AM »
Hmmm. Well, that in itself has some problems. #1. "A pirates life for me" means no updates, mods or plugins. #2 I've moved on to TS4. Now, using the really quality, bug-free cheats they've programmed has allowed me to make every single member of every household a ghost, easily and without having to wait for an "oh my ghost." The problem I've having now is that none of the ghosts will come out to play. Whenever I visit a public venue, the program creates random live people for me to interact with. None of the ghost families are apparently leaving their houses. ARGH!!!! They're not being auto-culled. ( read about that a few weeks ago) They're just staying home. Any thoughts?