Author Topic: Sudden outfit change then an icon over head  (Read 12888 times)

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
Sudden outfit change then an icon over head
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »
Has anyone else seen this where the sim suddenly changes clothing to an outfit they don't own? After that she had a sun and rainbow over her head.

At first I though the outfit had something to do with what she read on the community board but I had her do it again and nothing happened. I also assumed the rainbow and sun had something to do with the "great views" lot trait but no one else within reach had the icon.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
Re: Sudden outfit change then an icon over head
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
I saw that (both the outfit change and the sun/rainbow effect) in the family I was playing tonight too. Did it happen when your sim got an A in school? That seems to be what causes the outfit change for my sims (this was happening before city living). The sun/rainbow effect is new since the family moved to San Myshuno. I think it has something to do with the good schools lot trait, but that's just a guess. It didn't appear for all the kids in the family, so I'm not sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
That's a very interesting screenshot, @deenahax :)!

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »
She did have an A in school but I'm not sure she got it on the same day this happened. To be honest, I hadn't played the game in a while so I'd never seen this.

Because...everyone should get new clothes for good grades? jk It is a funny and interesting bug.

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 09:30:34 PM »
lesleyj42 you are on to something - The mother just got a promotion to Ace Engineer and this was the new outfit she got:

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:05:38 PM »
@deenahax that hat/robe combination really suits her. I had a teen come home from school with an A wearing a hospital gown. I wish I had thought to take a picture, but I got a good laugh. Gotta love the sims!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 01:33:10 PM »
Wow, @deenahax!  She got the outfit for Ace Engineer ???!  I play tech gurus a lot, so, this is really funny.

@lesleyj42 --- ha ha --- that hospital gown outfit would have been funny to see

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sysse

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 09:05:16 AM »
I seem to have a "problem" with some icons over the sims heads. I don't understand what it is, and why it appears.
My sims and other sims I don't control seem to get these icons over their head for some particular reason. Does it happen to anyone else?

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
Those have to do with lot traits. If your sim is doing an action affected by a lot trait, those icons seem to float around your sim's head. The gym in uptown, for instance, has bracing breezes which affect anyone exercising.

Offline Sysse

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 09:24:39 AM »
Ok, I understand. It really bugged me that I didn't understand what is was for :P  Thank you for answering :D

Offline DeeB424

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »
Has anyone else seen this where the sim suddenly changes clothing to an outfit they don't own? After that she had a sun and rainbow over her head.

At first I though the outfit had something to do with what she read on the community board but I had her do it again and nothing happened. I also assumed the rainbow and sun had something to do with the "great views" lot trait but no one else within reach had the icon.

I was able to use this pic to create a CONFIDENT memory for my SIM.  Just open the picture in capture manager and click on the brain.  It'll give your SIM a confident memory for future.  The Sunshine and Rainbow has always been whenever my SIM has accomplishment or sunny aspect on their activity.  I assume it's a huge positive trait.