Author Topic: Is it possible to change where the "entrance" of a lot is/where cars appear?  (Read 2311 times)

Offline shanadienne

• Nooboo
I have a lot in Moonlight Falls, a pre-existing previously-empty residential lot, where all the cars, broomsticks, buses, etc. show up in a strange place:

car spawn.jpg

What I'm guessing is that it's not so much an issue of where the carpool shows up as it is an issue of where the game thinks the front/entrance of the lot is, because this is how all of my sims leave the house, and more or less how they Go Home:

how to leave home.jpg

(Edit: the sim is right in front of the porch if you can't tell)

When they are leaving, they take a 90 degree turn right about where that tree is. They feel compelled to leave the lot right there and the game places their carpools appropriately.

I tried putting a door closer to the front of the lot, equidistant from the left/right sides and setting it as the front door, but nothing changed. I don't think the location of the front door has anything to do with it.

Then I rotated the lot clockwise. My sim used the same path in relation to the house, so while he technically ended up where I wanted him in regard to the road (that will be my workaround solution), this still doesn't make any sense to me because after rotating the lot he was running perpendicular to its orientation.

I'm guessing that there's an invisible marker of some kind that tells the game where the entrance is, that isn't related to where the road is or which way the lot is facing. If that's the case I'd like to know if I can change it.

Or maybe it's just a glitch?